Cannot connect to minecraft.net

Zeus Pirate

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.3

Operating System: Windows XP 32 bit

Java Version: JRE 7u5 I believe, also tried running it with java 6

Antivirus Program: I load up the launcher. It cannot connect to minecraft.net. If I try this with the normal launcher, I have no problems. This has been happening, inconsistenly, for the past couple of weeks

Description of Problem:

I load up the launcher. It cannot connect to minecraft.net. If I try this with the normal launcher, I have no problems. This has been happening, inconsistenly, for the past couple of weeks

Error Messages:

Cannot connect ot minecraft.net

Error Log:

None

13 answers to this question

I've had the same problem a few days now, but it seems to come and go.

I also experienced earlier today, that all of my items and armor in my inventory was gone when i logged in on my server earlier.

I have looked around at the forums here, and on minecraft(dot)net, and too many people are experiencing that the servers are down!

The sad thing is; no admins, here or on minecraft (as i have seen so far) have commented on any of this, so they're probably working to sort it out - I hope!

Now I get the White Screen bug when I try to lunch Tekkit. :(

The only thing I can think of is trying a fresh install. On the bright side, with this mod 90% of the work is getting it to run, then it's all down hill from there :3

ive been having this problem for 2 days straight. It says i cannot connect to minecraft.net. Ive tried using the in browser launcher and the one i installed on my desktop and neither of them work. How would i go about fixing said problem