using redpower to time item movement

Been trying to find a guide on Redpower2 for moving items with timing. I'm using EE to create items like lava buckets and water buckets and charcoal. I have been turning on & off redstone engines from BuildCraft with timers and sequencers but this is still a bit impractical. I wanna start using RP2 filters and such but I find a lot of out of date guides/videos.

My biggest issue is overproduction of items to the point I'm just throwing stuff all over the place. The timing stuff and "electronics" are easy enough. It is figuring out how to use the machines by each mode and such, it never seems to work the way I expect. Gonna just build some of everything and try it out tonight.

Okay. There was some misunderstanding on my part of the directions. Still don't get how to use things like the retreiver, but I don't think I wanna. I set up 12 thermopiles and the power levels keep fluctuating all over instead of just charging the battery boxes.

I will look into them a bit more in a few days. Thanks for the note.

I was honestly avoiding them because of my setup. I'm doing a lot of multifloor stuff and have been using teleport pipes. I don't see a way to hook them directly together without either using the BC method chest>wood pipe>teleport or throwing it onto floor into obsidian pipe>teleport.

You don't need 12 thermopiles. I have tested three of them to power 4 retrievers, so each thermopile should power just over one retriever. You will need a charged battery to jump start them though, for retrievers only start working once enough power has been stored. Once they turn on though, the piles will have no trouble keeping them on.

Hey warpspeed, love the profile pic. :)

Okay, gonna try to read thru that wiki that jorty provided at work. I've been just using the recipe list to figure stuff out.

I don't see how you can use a battery on the retriever cuz there's nowhere to put it in the GUI but hopefully I'll see the note.

I only built 16 (turns out I forgot how many I'd made) because I could. I finally started using equivalent exchange and I have 2 filled omegas. I feel like EE is almost as bad as having NEI cheats enabled, but I got sick of trying to get a tree farm without forestry working. For some reason bonemeal doesn't work on our server, or railcraft.

The battery goes in the batbox (battery box?, can't remember the exact name just make sure you use the RP one and not the IC2 one)) that goes between the thermopile and the retriever, or at least it'll work much better that way. The battery goes into the batbox and you're in business!

Another way to hook everything up in to use the ender chest added to tekkit (not the one Mojang will add, but the chickenbone one)

oh, yeah, enderchests work across the map too, never thought about that. As for the battery I didn't realize it was just there to be a booster/starter. I figured it was like IC2 batts for just moving power around.

I should explain to you guys that my confusion is in how to set the sorting machine and regulator and that other one. Problem is every video I find just glosses over the fact that they all work without explaining how.