Launcher cannot connect to minecraft.net, only launches in offline mode

bwillb

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.3

Operating System: Win 7 Ultimate x64

Java Version: 7

Antivirus Program: When starting up the technic launcher, about 9 times out of 10 it can't connect to minecraft.net even though my internet is connected strong and minecraft.net is up. This results in having only offline mode as an option unless I keep closing and opening the program hoping to get that 10% chance of connection.

Description of Problem:

When starting up the technic launcher, about 9 times out of 10 it can't connect to minecraft.net even though my internet is connected strong and minecraft.net is up. This results in having only offline mode as an option unless I keep closing and opening the program hoping to get that 10% chance of connection.

Error Messages:

Could not connect to Minecraft.net

Error Log:

[10:25:10] [sEVERE]	------------------------------------------

[10:25:10] [sEVERE]	Launcher is starting....

[10:25:10] [sEVERE]	Launcher Build: '1.0.1.3'

[10:25:10] [sEVERE]	Allocated 1365.375 Mb of RAM

[10:25:10] [sEVERE]	Java VM: '1.7.0_04-b22'

[10:25:10] [sEVERE]	OS Version: '6.1'

[10:25:10] [sEVERE]	Is 64-bit: 'true'

Hey, I was having the same problem and found a fix. It is your AV that is preventing you from connecting, and though I am using norton, I believe it should be a similar process to fix. For me, I opened my AV and went to the settings. Then I found the exclusions tab and selected an option called 'Items to exclude from Auto-Protect, SONAR and Download Intelligence Detection. Though the wording may be different on your AV, you should get the general idea and be able to find something along those lines. The file you want to exclude is the .techniclauncher folder in AppData. (I also excluded the techniclauncher.exe, but am not sure if it is necessary...)

Hope this helps

EDIT: Oops, seems I was wrong and must have just had that 10% chance of it working when I tested this. I have no idea what is wrong. X(

I am having this exact same issue. It started over a week ago, I don't think I changed anything.

Launcher version: 1.0.1.3

Java version: 7

I have this issue 10/10 times. I'm getting quite frustrated, it took me a while to figure out how to get my charcter a skin and since this happened my charcater has reverted to the default avatar. I also tried disabling my firewall and restarting the launcher a few times. It did not help.

I'll keep checking in, thanks in advance to anyone who finds the solution.

Identicle Problem, i have the same OS specs as everyone else here and i have the same problem, same error message :(

i just updated to 1.0.1.3 from 1.0.1.0 so i am going back to 1.0.1.0 to se if its a problem with the version

BTW does it look like its fine but when you try to login it says

"cant connect to minecraft.net

Do you want to run in offline mode"

or is it in the bottomroght corner with the button "OflineMode"

?

Edit: it isnt a prblem with the version because with both versions it says ofline mode 10% of the time it says then 90% of the time it just cant connect and ofline mode in in bottom right corner

Please help

The same problem here.

This appears to be a major problem with the launcher's attempt to connect to multiple IP addresses/domains at once, and it simply cannot handle it all at once while loading the special modifications as well, so it just gives up and gives you the error.

It seems to simply be a problem with "mirror.technicpack.net". I wonder if it's overloaded? I'm showing a sudden jump in latency between it and the previous hop (60ms vs. 360ms), and a lot of retransmissions (via tcpdump).

The really annoying thing is, if the client can't contact mirror.technicpack.net, it claims it "Could not connect to minecraft.net", even though it never actually tries. (So blocking it from connecting to mirror.technicpack.net makes it launch faster, but always in offline mode.)

Restarting the client several times helps, because there's a chance it'll actually work. However, even when it does seem to work, sometimes I still end up offline in-game. (Millenaire calls me "Player" instead of my Minecraft account name.)

I'm been having the same issue lately. This is probably a daft question, but is there anything we can do in the meantime or is this a case of wait until mirror.technicpack.net is back up?

not really, just wait it out. or go on a server that allows online mode

It doesnt really matter wether its in ofline mode or not, i can still connect to my server

It does matter, because if you're in offline mode you lose your alchemy bag/chest inventory and other things tied to player name.

Yeah, same problem for the last week or two also. And even when it seems to connect, i go into the server as player. In offline or when lately it seems to connect, but it shows feed is down. Sometimes, 10 min of closing and re- launching i get lucky, and can get in with my stuff. Thought it might be the server, but kinda glad to see its not, and its also not just me having this trouble. Hope its fixed soon. : )

So atleast It's not just my fault. I had this problem aswell - could not connect o minecraft.net . Afterwards I couldn't even load the Technic launcher, it just stopped at the logo.

PLEASE, fix this ASAP, I just bought Tekkit server ^^