MC Forge

Markus

I'm having the "This server requires you to have Minecraft Forge installed." error on entering private server.

Server is Tekkit from the site download also I'm trying to enter with Technic Launcher. When I enter through it it's ok but when I try to enter through bat file it throws that error.

I am sure i have downloaded tekkit with the launcher.

Could anyone please help me as I'm trying to figure it out for few hours already.

E:

and I searched this forum, and several other sites and nothing came helpful to my problem.

Sry for post under post but wanted to get it to first page...

Installing latest version of forge gives me the "bad packet id 230" error but then installing the wireless redstone client does not solve the problem, any suggestions?

E:

Reinstalling ModLoaderMp gives again Forge error...

Server is Tekkit from the site download

the newest, both.

Everything was freshly installed.

My java: build 1.6.0_25-b06

Server is hosted on a Minecraft 1.1 buildcraft host. (files deleted and uploaded tekkit, on previous version everything was ok)

I am having the same issue. Fully installed a new clean Minecraft 1.1 and Technic launcher 2.0 in the last 2 hours, a couple of times. The game sees the tekkit server, but when I try to connect to it, it says logging in, then pauses on an empty brown screen for a few seconds, then says "Disconnected by Server. This server requires you to have Minecraft Forge installed."

Java version 1.7.0_01

Just now finally got ahold of one of my servers admins and he made a suggestion that just blew my mind, and made me feel retarded all at the same time.

So, apparently, in the top left of the Technic Launcher, is a large title window that is actually a dropdown menu. I thought it was just a jpg title picture or something. Anyway, if you click on that dropdown menu, scroll down, and select Tekkit. Then try to log into your server, it should download a short update and then should work fine. It worked for me.