NEED HELP Technic Launch won't open!

steveg127

Question

Launcher Version: 3.0.4

Operating System: 64-bit

Java Version: jre-7u4-windows-x64

Antivirus Program: I click on Technic Launcher and a box appears that says Checking Launcher Version, then disappears. I am not smart with computers, so if someone can explain it in a very simple way.

Description of Problem:

I click on Technic Launcher and a box appears that says Checking Launcher Version, then disappears. I am not smart with computers, so if someone can explain it in a very simple way.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

13 answers to this question

I'm having the same problem using XP (32-bit).

Run launcher > Launcher says "checking launcher version" for a second > Disappears without doing anything.

Not sure what the problem is, and I'm fairly fluent with computing generally (just not with Java!)

No rush for response, but would love to get playing after watching the Yogscast Tekkit videos :)

Using ESET Smart Security (firewall and anti-virus) if that helps?

Have you tried using the search function even once? Try it, it's free!

Are you being sarcastic, or are you suggesting that I didn't spend time trying to find the solution to the problem in the forums and through search engines already?

Either way, I have looked - I can find nothing.

im new to the forums and am having the same problem... but only on my laptop... i open technic launcher.exe from my desktop and a small windowt opens for about 3 seconds syaing checking current version or something and then just dissappears... the launcher does not open... minecraftworks fine from the default launcher and the technic launcher works fine on my tower... i am quite computer literate but i am hopeless at programming so i just went for the .EXE launcher file, as did i on my tower which worked fine. my laptop is a lenovo T60 1951 CTO with an intel core 2 duo @2.0GHz with 2GB DDR-2 RAM... it runs minecraft fine and i just want to play on my server whils im not at home

No matter where the file is located, I run it, play, minutes after closing it, the file just disappears. I copied it, run the copy, same thing, but just the copy disappears. What happens is that the .exe file disappears from the system after closing the application, no matter where it is located or if you have many copies of the same file, the one that run, vanishes.

Tried to change the propperties of the file, protect it, but nothing seems to work. I spotted something today, a warning saying that the file comes from another pc and might harm my pc (my computer is in spanish, I don't know the exact phrase in english) I unchecked it, and used it, it worked and didn't disappear, at least, by now.

I believe this might work for some people

I'm tired of people having the same issue when the OP hasn't posted enough information to tell if it's the same or not. Try my suggestions, and let us know if it works or doesn't. Be more specific.

There is not much details to add, we download technicLauncer.exe, execute it, play, close the game, then the launcher, the file disappears.

I tried to replicate it to screenshot the warning I mentioned. I downloaded the exe again, then right-click > propperties, there I see a legend, at the bottom, that says:

Security: This file comes from another computer and could be blocked to help protect this computer (this is a translation from spanish, it might be different, but the same point)

Then you have two buttons, Advanced (didn't check) and Unlock (SPA:Desbloquear), click Unlock, save propperties and see what happens. It worked for me so far

Honestly I didn't check, and I didn't want to call it solved untill, at least, one day passed. The file is still there, so I guess changing the propperties of the file works to solve it in win7, don't know if it works for XP.

BTW don't know how to change the title.