Modpack completely downloaded, but redownloads anyway

Seiklus

So, I can get my modpack to completely download and everything into the cache folder, but for some reason it has a real problem extracting.

Checks Ive done:
made sure all 3 files are in the right place (bin, config, mods)

made sure that forge 10.13.3.1385 Universal is renamed to modpack.jar and is placed in the bin folder

confirmed that my modpack is working (through multimc, multiple times)

made sure the zip file is a zip and not a RAR.

For some reason tekkit launcher cant figure it out and downloads the pack 3 times and says there was an error downloading the file (i go to check my cache and the file is downloaded COMPLETELY so I know the launcher is not right)

some help, please. 

Links: copy.com link https://copy.com/zEXoqasF6oqd0b2G?download=1 

modpack: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/asdf-pack-testing-pack.635613

Edited by Seiklus

• Discord Moderator
  • Your archive has a ".zip" extension, but is in RAR format. All archive files intended for use in the platform must be in ZIP format only.
  • You should remove the string "(1)" (or any other number enclosed in parenthesis) from the mod file names. This occurs when a file is downloaded to a folder with an existing file having the same name and can cause errors.
  • You have no /bin/ folder in your modpack archive. The /bin/ folder should contain one file named modpack.jar which is the correct version of the Forge universal binary JAR renamed to modpack.jar.
  • You have the Artifacts API file in your /mods/ folder. This is intended for use only by mod developers and should be removed.
  • Many of your mods are very old with known issues. You should updated to the latest versions which support your chosen version of Forge.

Address these issues and come back here if you are still having troubles.

so i made a new Winrar Zip file to make sure i understood what you are saying. put in the same stuff.

also included.

I removed the Artifacts API, good catch.

I removed all the appended numbers e.g. (1) (2) etc.

This pack was supposed to be an update, so I tried my best to update all the mods properly. they all work properly and ive tested.them numerous times.

new link: https://copy.com/eXri7l1KATdROoQn?download=1

half the time technic cant even process "updating modpack" when editing the pack

technic also cant seem to recognize the file link as a location. not sure why but whatever.

More issues arising: The launcher still tries to download the old link even though I edited the new one on the website and it is currently saved in the address bar.

Edited by Seiklus

• Discord Moderator
  • The download URL set in your pack configuration does not exist. The file you linked in your post does so I assume you incorrectly edited your settings.
  • You have changed the download URL and/or archive, but have not incremented/changed the pack version number. The Launcher does not get notified of an update to the pack unless the version number changes.
  • Your modpack.jar file is incorrect. As previously mentioned, it should be the correct version of the Forge universal binary JAR file RENAMED to modpack.jar. Don't extract it, don't edit its contents, don't recompress it. Just rename it.
  • Outdated mods (just hitting the high points): Bibliocraft, Biomes O' Plenty, Chisel, All TeamCoFH mods, Thaumic Tinkerer (fatally incompatible with your version of Thaum), Waila, Witchery

pack works fine now. those outdated mods though... Its very difficult to keep up to date with all the mods considering ones like botania and BOP update every other day (thaumic tinkerer works fine, ive been running a server off this stuff for like  2 months now.)

• Discord Moderator

I can tell you from experience that there are fatal issues between that version of Thaumic Tinkerer and Thaum. Your call, of course.

As for the mod updates, check the changelogs for the mods in question. If one of the updates addresses an issue you have had then it makes sense to update. if everything is working perfectly (very rare) on your end then, meh.