Solder link doesn't seem to be working

iCurse

I have a modpack, solder set up on a server and link verified in my account, the modpack is linked to my solder modpack and I made sure there's a recommended and a latest build selected.

For some reason the Technic website isn't able to show any mods and the Technic API itself doesn't think the modpack exists.

Solder is working fine, through the Solder API I can retrieve the modpack details without any problem.

Could it be because I don't have a Forge version selected? If so, how would I do this? I'd assume I can't just add a mod named Forge to the mods list?

It somehow fixed itself, but I still get the following error when trying to install it:

Error unzipping a file for the following pack: Haven's End Awesome Modpack
Attempting to extract file havens-end-modpack-A0.2.zip, but it did not exist.
Please consult the modpack author

Is there anything I need to do to build a zip file? I'd assume I don't have to make one myself every time since that would make Solder mostly useless

It all works now except I still have no idea how to add Forge

All makes sense now. Every mod zip simply gets merged into one big zip, so you end up with the zip like you used to.

Edited by iCurse

• Discord Moderator

Not exactly. Every "mod" archive gets downloaded to the modpack's cache directory. Inside that you will find the ZIP files for every mod you add to your pack from within Solder.

The general rule of thumb is:

• Only put one mod in each Solder "mod" archive. Exceptions for things like Galacticraft or ProjectRed Base and MrTJPCore which will always be together and matching makes sense.
  • Do not include config files with your mods in their archive files. Put all the configs in their own Solder "mod".
  • Include both the mod version number and the MC version number in the name of the Solder "mod" archive.