BC item teleport pipes not working

star_wolf1988

Question

I've spent the last 45 minutes to an hour trying to find out if this was already addressed, but I didn't see anything so here is my problem...

Playing on a small tekkit 2.0 server with 2 other people, and we are trying to move some stuff using item teleport pipes. We've confirmed that the destination pipe is set to receive, on the same frequency, and that they show 1 for pipe connected (it's the only item teleport pipes we've used). The problem is nothing is going through the pipes. The items reach the end and just bounce back. We tried having one of us on each end, we've tried using a different frequency, we've tried putting down chunk loader blocks, nothing is working. We have used the waterproof teleport pipes with no problem, and my head hurts from banging it against the desk so if anyone knows what we are doing wrong of it this is a bug, can we please get some help?

5 answers to this question

Also, what are the teleport pipes connected to and what are you transporting between them?

As well if you are using Advanced Insertion Pipes anywhere I've found that they can cause a graphical glitch where it *appears* that items are bouncing back and forth through pipes but in reality are behaving normally. Checking this with input/output chests might be a good idea.

Yes, both pipes were created and placed by the same person.

Set up was wooden transport pipe, golden transport pipe, stone transport pipe, teleport pipe in a straight line. Wood transport was powered by two redstone engines.

We were trying to transport a variety of stuff originally (ore, rubber, monster drops, etc), then focused on just trying to transport ingots, same results both times.

The origin point was a mine at X 206, Y 31, Z -259 to our base at X 22, Y 71, Z 162, if that helps. We ended up carrying everything manually, but we did determine some stuff got through, but not much. A few pieces of rubber, an arrow, and maybe 2 saplings I think, possibly when I teleported myself with the server command from the mine to the base.

I don't know if the owner of the pipe has to be in the same chunk(s) to make them both active maybe? I do know once I teleported to the other person I didn't see anything coming through. I now have quarry's working nearby that are funneling into a new teleport pipe connected to the same destination, and that is working just fine.

This is the behavior you get if the chunk the teleport pipe is sending from (or receiving to, I suppose) gets unloaded. I had a very similar problem, but knew teleport pipes were working generally... I use them extensively in my base.

I plonked down a chunk loader block (four iron ingots) in the chunk the teleport pipe was in, and that fixed the intermittent sending.

Oh, and please note: on my server, I had to restart the server after placing the chunk loader blocks for them to register and work properly. After that, though, they're good as gold: all my industries and far-flung teleport locations work continuously, no natter how remote or infrequently visited.