Starting a Tekkit Server

Ph0be

I couple days back I tried making a Tekkit server for me and my friends to play on privately without the plugins, banned items due to griefing, an so on. Anyways, I digress. I've watched many videos on how to set up servers for windows 7 using hamachi, not using hamachi, and anything I could think of really. I got an error message saying java can't reserve enough space or whatever, so I looked up a video on how to fix that error, which worked. So I got the server up and running, told my friends the IP, and hamachi details so they could join. It then said no one could reach the server, no even me. If someone can help me with this I'd be grateful, I'm hoping that I won't need to pay for a host.

If you're using hamachi, (not sure if this is needed) but make sure if your firewall doesn't block hamachi, test it out by disabling it

Also, make sure you specified your hamachi IP in server properties file in server directory and also be sure your frieds connected your hamachi channel before they try to reach you in-game

And after that, if this won't help - let me and others know, we'll think of more solutions

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. I use hamachi. I can run a regular minecraft server perfectly on Hamachi and my friends can connect to it, however when I try Tekkit, they cannot connect. The server.properties are the same for each server, so that's not the problem. They are connected to my network and I've given them the correct IP. Please help...