Can Only Play Offline but I'm Online

TehProfessor

Question

I've been searching for about 20-35 minutes but here's my problem... When I load up my Technic Launcher on my desktop it comes up with the login but when I press sign in it comes up with a pop-up and says "The auth servers at Minecraft.net are inaccessible. Would you like to play offline?" I think this is a bug because I check https://help.mojang.com/ and http://xpaw.ru/mcstatus/ and everything seems to be online. Sometimes (probably like 1:15 or 1:20) I can actually login but when I try to play singleplayer I try to enter my world and chrash. This is also happening with my regular minecraft client.

Help appreciated,

-TehProfessor

4 answers to this question

• Moderators
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 10106: create

it's been a while since I seen this. The socket in question is either used or blocked by your security software - Technic launcher is considered "third-party" and might therefore not be accepted by your security on the PC.

Googling the error line I also found out this can be caused by malware.

First things first: try uninstalling all your java (if you have several installed), restart your PC and then reinstall your java.

Still didn't work? Try disabling your antivirus, firewall, webproxy or NetNanny (if you have one). Now try the launcher

• Moderators

post the log

logs can be found when clicking the Cog-Wheel button on the top right corner on the launcher window.
If you can't open the launcher the logs can also be found inside %appdata% -> Roaming -> .technic -> logs

Paste the content on pastebin.com or paste.ubuntu.com and give the link.