certain mod packs not loading, but some will

knights

Question

ok been playing playing attack of the b-team for a few weeks now. but today it won't load, can't get past the launcher.

crafting dead and mystical realms load up fine.

but when i click attack of the b-team, it downloads some stuff at the bottom of the screen, as it normally does, but it just stays on the launcher. the launcher will flash off for a split second then come back on and give me the option to click play again, but i just get the same thing every time.

any help on this would be great

9 answers to this question

-.-

Hit the Launcher Options button in the top right. There's a button there called Open Logs. Open the newest log file, select all the contents, copy it and paste it here.

Fill the poster box at the top and hit Paste! Copy the url of the paste and post it here.

Edited by bochen415

It looks like there's nothing in our log, but the pack is being launched and there may be something in the FML log for ATB.  Try pulling the fml-latest.log from .technic\modpacks\attack-of-the-bteam\logs and let us see that.

thanks for helping here guys

yeah it appears that this isn't causing a log file. i moved all the log files out of the launcher folder. tried loading attack of the b-team again, still nothing. so i checked the log folder and theres nothing there.

i can't find a log folder in attack of the b-team. there is a crash report folder, I'm assuming that is the same thing?

am i right in saying that the files are numbered by date?

if so 'crash-2015-05-20_09.26.12-server.txt' is the last crash log i can find, which was 5 days ago.

i was playing the game yesterday and it was fine, but this morning, not so much.

here that log file incase its of any use.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/11353064/

That log looks like a problem with generating structures afaik.

Is that a zombie standing in the generator's way?

Entity being ticked: Zombie
Entity's Exact location: 669.92, 4.00, -1362.86

Personally I would run mcedit and delete the mentioned zombie or enable the forge "remove erroring entities" option in the configs

i might be wrong, but i believe the crash I'm getting isn't generating a crash log.

also i can't even get to the mojang loading screen. so i done think it could be a problem in my world. if there was an error with my world, like a zombie, then i should be able to load another world from attack of the b-team or start a new one. but i can't get past the teknic launcher.

i think the log i posted may have been from a previous crash a few days before the problem I'm getting.

again, i may be wrong about this

i was just tinkering around with the launcher options and changed the java version from the recommended version to the latest version. and it all loaded up as normal. 

so i guess i was having some problems with java. maybe thats why i wasn't getting any error logs, because it wasn't a problem with the launcher or the mod pack, it was java.

i appreciate the help guys. thanks