Reactor and Turbine help

ben9397

Ok, so I have a 5x5 reactor with the fuel rods inside the reactor shaped in an "X" pattern and it only creates a max of 360 mB of steam, that won't be anywhere near enough for a turbine that is 13 blocks long and 5 blocks high with 2 electrum coils and 36 total blades, how can I increase the amount of steam my reactor makes so that the turbine is actually efficient, the reactor alone makes around 5000 RF/t and the turbine only makes about 2500 RF/t

Edited by ben9397

• Moderators

Are you giving enough water? It takes lots. Is the turbine directly attached to the reactor? If not, be aware of the limitations of TE fluid conduit, if you're using those. 

Edited by AetherPirate

I am using an ME system to supply water to the reactor, it always uses up a lot of water than immediately gets it back so it stays full, and I am using Fluiducts to connect the reactor and the turbine but the problem is with the reactor because it won't make enough steam to make the turbine effictive 

Edited by ben9397

Are you giving enough water? It takes lots. Is the turbine directly attached to the reactor? If not, be aware of the limitations of TE fluid conduit, if you're using those. 

I am using an ME system to supply water to the reactor, it always uses up a lot of water than immediately gets it back so it stays full, and I am using Fluiducts to connect the reactor and the turbine but the problem is with the reactor because it won't make enough steam to make the turbine effictive 

• Moderators

Fluid ducts have a 360mb limit I think.  That's a bottleneck if you're just running one steam line. Try tesseracts if you have them.

On the reactor, are your control rods fully withdrawn? What's the temp? Perhaps your not running hot enough.  Or maybe it doesn't have enough fuel rods to make enough steam. 

Include a pic of the reactor stats. 

• Moderators

Make sure the turbine is set to return water back to the reactor. It really does take LOTS of water. Add more ports onto the reactor and pump more water. Keep adding until it's happy. ME fluid export busses have limits too. 

Edited by AetherPirate