Portable tekkit?

Hi I was wondering if there was a way to make tekkit portable so I can put it on a usb stick and use on diferent computers. I can't install tekkit on the other computers so that not an option. I want it if possible to just plug the usb stick into computer then run immediately to play. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Hi I was wondering if there was a way to make tekkit portable so I can put it on a usb stick and use on diferent computers. I can't install tekkit on the other computers so that not an option. I want it if possible to just plug the usb stick into computer then run immediately to play. Any help would be appreciated thanks

You literally just install it on your USB stick. But you'll have to portforward on any additional computers you may want to use it on if you plan on playing with people not in that house.

You will also have to install Java portable on the USB stick.

However, if you plan on using it at work/school, you won't be able to play until you have run the portable version of Tekkit first on another computer.

Also, you will need to ask network administrators to open up port 25565 for you. But you shouldn't be playing games at work/school.

So proxies may be needed, but that's another tutorial in itself.

• 5 weeks later...

I have found a easier way to making tekkit or technic protable.

1. Download Technic Launcher and put it in a new folder in the USB flash drive.

2. Make a new text document and type/paste the following:

@echo off

Title TechnicLauncher

set APPDATA=%CD%\

start %CD%\TechnicLauncher.exe

3. Select "Save as" and name it Start.bat

4. Open the .bat file you have just created and it should open TechnicLauncher.

5. You are done, after you have opened the file it should make a new file called ".techniclauncher" When you have opened the file you are free to download any version of technic you want and all your changes will be put in the ".techniclauncher" file. After you have installed "Technic SSP" anouther file called ".minecraft" will appear. None of this you have to create or change.

***NOTICE: ALWAYS open the Start.bat file to start TechnicLauncher! If you do not, then it will create a folder in %appdata% in your system files!***

This was not copied or pasted, these steps were completely make by me. :D

i once hosted a server from a usb, i ran it with hamachi.

when at school they usually have all ports and incoming ip's they don't know blocked.

i installed hamachi and launched the server and my friends from other classes could connected to the server just by typing my coumpter's name into the server address bar. At home and at school/work as long as they were connected to my network on hamachi.

I do think that installing a program like hamachi will get you in trobule once found out (unless permission from IT guy's (not teachers)) because to me, its a vpn that not very secure, opening venerabilitys. Im not expert but thats my 2 cents on a portable tekkit server

Also, with portable tekkit we mean portable technic, to play on computers (inclusing school, work, or protected computers) that don't have technic that block downloading file access.

Tekkit would only be used on protected downloading computers for connecting to tekkit servers, not running them