Block ID mis-match?

trotski94

Question

SHIT IS BROKE WHY DON'T YOU FIX IT TECHNIC TEAM GOSH

Ahem, Seeing theres no tekkit 2.0 servers i enjoy playing on.. I decided i would make my own, And begun working on a little protected spawn area for players to begin when i actualy decide to rent a server...

I had the idea of using 'terminals' in the main spawn area where players would be able to read the rules and other helpful things without having a horrible wall filled with signs.

To my suprise (especially after how long the server software was down for repair...) i found that the computercraft computers didnt exist in the slot my client said they were on, so i decided to attempt to place one of the disk drives. That also did not work, and infact was a forestry machine (Skinned as the disk drive).

Is it something ive done?

TL;DR - Computercraft and forestry seem to have mixed ID's between client and server, cant find the computer block and the disk drive (client side) is a forestry machine (server side).

Pols fix. Or point out if its something ive done. ;D

3 answers to this question

I like your method of trying to get a devs attention. They really respond well to "SHIT IS BROKE WHY DON'T YOU FIX IT". I also love how you then continue to detail your problem whilst making snide remarks at the delay whilst the lead dev on the tekkit server was dealing with a death in the family.

Anyway, if you look, in the very forum you posted, you will find both the issues and the resolution for the computercraft problems.

I like your method of trying to get a devs attention. They really respond well to "SHIT IS BROKE WHY DON'T YOU FIX IT". I also love how you then continue to detail your problem whilst making snide remarks at the delay whilst the lead dev on the tekkit server was dealing with a death in the family.

Anyway, if you look, in the very forum you posted, you will find both the issues and the resolution for the computercraft problems.

The first comment was taken from one of the sub-topics descriptions.

And the 'snide remarks at the delay' was an observation, not an insult.

But thanks for the help.