Big Reactor Auto Control with ComputerCraft

TheVampiricT

Oye, VampiricT here!

So today, I setup my reactor from big reactors, a 5x5x9 with 5 control rods and cooled with Gelid Cryothium. The reactor makes about 10kRF/t. I have a program that is pretty small and monitors it and turns it on and off. I was wondering if someone could make me a computercraft program that has the following

-Button control for manual

- Fits a advanced monitor 3x3

Automatic detection

Just send me a message if you would like to help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi VampiricT,

Late reply but hope it's of some hep to you...

You are quite welcome to use my ComputerCraft script as a starting point, should be more or less set up: you just need to set the reactor name at the top and then tweak the output for your display. http://pastebin.com/ZRRgin05

Should be simple enough to add a check for a "manual" button signal to break out of the control loop.

label set ReactorMonitor

pastebin get ZRRgin05 startup

exit

All the best,

HI VampiricT,

When you enable the modem connected to the reactor you should get a message telling you what it's called the reactor -- on my Tekkit it calls the first one BigReactors-Reactor_0 and then counts up each time you (re-)connect a modem to a reactor. You just need to edit the peripheral.wrap() line near the top of the script to match. See http://computercraft.info/wiki/Peripheral_(API)#Connecting_peripherals_using_networking_cables

An alternative, if you connect the computer directly to the reactor computer port, is to use the  peripheral.wrap( <side> ) form of the function.

You might get the script to "auto detect" a reactor (any reactor?) using something like peripheral.find( 'BigReactors' ) but I've never tried it so I've no idea if it will work.

Hope that helps,