This runs HORRIBLY!

As of now, I can get all these mods running by myself with McPatcher except Redpower (because of the new incompatibility bug between them), and Minecraft runs great. Then I try this out, to get Redpower, and can hardly get more than 5 fps. On first spawn, none of the textures were there. Then I quit and restarted and the most basic textures were there (like the grass blocks that are completely green, not just the top), and I can hardly do anything without the game bogging down. WTF is going on?

As of now, I can get all these mods running by myself with McPatcher except Redpower (because of the new incompatibility bug between them), and Minecraft runs great. Then I try this out, to get Redpower, and can hardly get more than 5 fps. On first spawn, none of the textures were there. Then I quit and restarted and the most basic textures were there (like the grass blocks that are completely green, not just the top), and I can hardly do anything without the game bogging down. WTF is going on?

First, are you sure it's not a server-side issue? Second, check your options to see how far your fog is. Then make some tea and calm down.

It's fine, I'm not angry or anything, it's just odd is all. There isn't much for install instructions in the download area like most mods, so I downloaded the launcher (but have to use the java one cause I have Win64). Launch that and the technic launcher works fine (I think) as it seems to install everything in folder structures that look good.

I've gotten it to a workable point and it seems okay now, even with 0.8 fog and other performance intensive stuff, but I still get laggy lighting updates. I am curious as to why it does that no texture thing on the first bootup though...

Also, I'm running SMP

It's fine, I'm not angry or anything, it's just odd is all. There isn't much for install instructions in the download area like most mods, so I downloaded the launcher (but have to use the java one cause I have Win64). Launch that and the technic launcher works fine (I think) as it seems to install everything in folder structures that look good.

I've gotten it to a workable point and it seems okay now, even with 0.8 fog and other performance intensive stuff, but I still get laggy lighting updates. I am curious as to why it does that no texture thing on the first bootup though...

Also, I'm running SMP

Install instructions? Lol, you run the launcher and that's it.

Well, if it "seems okay", I guess good for you.

Got a problem with laptops, big boy? :D I'm running Crysis II on my ASUS, and the FPS are flowing like a spring downfall.

Not at all - I do most of my graphics-heavy engineering work on one. But if it's configured to use the integrated graphics by default instead of the dedicated card, it's going to run like crap no matter how good the rest of it is.

Not at all - I do most of my graphics-heavy engineering work on one. But if it's configured to use the integrated graphics by default instead of the dedicated card, it's going to run like crap no matter how good the rest of it is.

Well, if that's what you do, I can't argue, it's going to be terribly slow no matter what. Happily, my Nvidia geforce takes care of that :)