World Vanishes

bjohnson66718@yahoo.com

Question

I have searched and don't see an issue like this already, so starting a new question.  I was playing Tekkit in my world that I've spent days on.  The game crashed and just dissappeard off of the screen, leaving me with the technic launcher.  But when I re-launched Tekkit, my world is missing.  Other, older worlds show up, but the one I was working in is gone.  I've searched my entire machine through explorer for the name of the world and it doesn't show up.    Any idea how to retrieve it?  Or is it gone forever?

2 answers to this question

• Moderators

this has been mentioned in the Common Problems thread at AotBt section http://forums.technicpack.net/topic/57049-most-common-issues-and-fixes-and-known-problems/

Issue: Saves worlds disappearing.

Cause: unknown?

Fix: Back-up the world save folder from .technicmodpacksattack-of-the-bteamsaves

Create a new world with the exact same name, it may not start you off in a familiar area
If it does not - go to where your base would be, if it isn't there, continue to follow instructions
Copy the level.dat from the newly generated world, most likely under the world save name followed by a hyphen under the saves folder mentioned previously, into the old worlds folder.

Note: Having two worlds with the exact same name can be a bit confusing, ensure you load into the correct world if two now appear with the same name
Note: Doing these instructions without providing the same world seed will cause chunks to no longer properly line-up

thank Kalbintion for the fix.