Two different Copper and Tin ores/ingots are annoying.

I know one pair is for IC2 and another is for RedPower, but couldn't one from one mode have been chosen and then edited into the recipies of the other mod? It just bothers me because it causes more chest clutter and makes it bothersome when you are trying to mine for IC2/Redpower things and end up with the wrong kind of ore.

I know one pair is for IC2 and another is for RedPower, but couldn't one from one mode have been chosen and then edited into the recipies of the other mod? It just bothers me because it causes more chest clutter and makes it bothersome when you are trying to mine for IC2/Redpower things and end up with the wrong kind of ore.

? I have no idea what you're talking about. I have only one kind of tin and one kind copper in my Technic worlds.

I thought that was cumbersome too, I made my own server and disabled spawning of one of the in/copper types there so my world only has one type.

Disable it and make a fresh world and you shouldnt get double tin/copper :)

But would I still be able to make the items that require the tin/copper I disabled?

I had once 2 copper ingots with different IDs - annoying when storing or auto sorting this thing, and im not sure how i got in possession of both kinds - but i simply used the condenser from EE to get them into other thing (obsidian) and back to ingots you desire - altho both kinds were working fine for crafting cables etc

Tin and copper are in 3 different mods, 2 of which are currently in Technic and Tekkit: RedPower, IndustrialCraft² and Forestry. Forestry obviously isn't in. RedPower has a config wherein its tin and copper are normally disabled. I'd do that if you're finding them, and while you'll still see them in chunks already explored, new ones shouldn't have them. In theory.