mo'creatures?

I got MoCreatures on my forge tekkit LAN - if you happen to get to the server with it - beware of the Ogre and build EVERYTHING out of basalt bricks. Comparing to Ogres, creepers are easy-peasy to deal with.

So if you run your own sever there is no issues when you add MoCreatures at all, and after server side and client side update i got all running in no time.

Quintaar, I'm a noob and was wondering if this was the proper procedure to install mo creatures on my server (my client seems to have it working fine):

1) Download the most recent Mo Creatures Server zip

2) Open the zip and copy all contents directly into the ROOT directory of the Tekkit.jar file (I think I'm doing this wrong)

3) Add the Mo Creatures folder (or zip??) to the "Mods" folder in my server

Thank you!

Quintaar, I'm a noob and was wondering if this was the proper procedure to install mo creatures on my server (my client seems to have it working fine):

1) Download the most recent Mo Creatures Server zip

2) Open the zip and copy all contents directly into the ROOT directory of the Tekkit.jar file (I think I'm doing this wrong)

3) Add the Mo Creatures folder (or zip??) to the "Mods" folder in my server

Thank you!

Nope. The bukkit-ported Mo Creatures server file goes in your server's mods folder. Then the clients need to have the usual install done, including Mo' Creatures and the Custom Spawner file in the mods folder, and the GUI API dropped into the modpack.jar.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/81771-v125-mo-creatures-v371-with-mohorses-donkeys-mules-zebras-zorses-and-extrabiomesxl-support/

You have installation there - basically you should be running forge server with the mods loaded on it. Add mod server version, and all mods listed for tekkit. (It does mean that you will create pretty much custom server with mods you want) rather than doing it through tekkit itself. I dont think Mocreatures is available through tekkit -bukkit server setup = therefore you must download all mods alone and put them back together - once done - simply back up minecraft.jar file for future use

Hmm, that doesn't work, I get an error when I try to start up the server. I was hoping I was doing something wrong when I tried that the first time.

I don't think this is a bug (almost certainly operator error ;) ), so if anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it.

I promise I've looked at the instructions on the Mo Creatures site, but I was hoping I could just dump it into a tekkit server. Sounds like it is more complicated than that.

How difficult is it to build the server from the ground up like you did quintaar?

You dont need to do all that. But you do need to get the MOC_3.6.2_bukkit port. that goes in your server mods folder. then you put the clientside 3.6.2 and custom mob spawner in your clients mod folder. then you have to extract GUI-AP and Modloader into your minecraft.jar, and delete META-INF. We run mo creatures on our tekkit server and this is how we did it. but every user has to do this to their client to see the mobs.

Tip from myself - make sure you always stick to the same versions of client (fogre client - forge server, bukkit client - bukkit server) I know its obvious but after downloading 100 different files loaders etc... you get confused at times. (i had few servers -bukkits and forge and vanilla on my drive). Setting up the server I found easy really, as long as you read the mod descriptions and compatibility. Dont use MC Patcher or similar- do manual minecraft.jar file replacement - I found many conflicts doing this that way.