"Checking launcher version", then closes.

anarchy1210

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.0

Operating System: Windows XP

Java Version: Java Version 7 Update 5

Antivirus Program: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Description of Problem:

I download the launcher and put it on my desktop, then a sreen opens saying "Checking launcher version", then it closes and nothing happens.

Error Messages:

N/A

Error Log:

N/A

3 answers to this question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.3

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

Java Version: Java Version 7 Update 5

Antivirus Program: Avast and I also have Spybot Search & Destroy

Description of Problem:

I download the launcher and put it on my desktop, then a screen opens saying "Checking launcher version", then it closes and nothing happens.

I have the same issue and have read through multiple different posts claiming fixes and none of them work...I know i've tried them all. Here is my issue. .techniclauncher.exe opens "Checking launcher version&quot and then does nothing. It creates the .techniclauncher.jar in %appdata%\.techniclauncher and if i use that it works sort of.

I have tried the fix using the .bat file

@echo off

mkdir %APPDATA%\.techniclauncher\temp

"C:\program files\java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1G -jar %APPDATA%\.techniclauncher\technic-launcher.jar

that doesn't do anything except make a new folder in my documents not in the appdata .techniclauncher folder.

I've also heard that it doesnt like IPv6 so i set to use IPv4 with this but i still have the folder issue with this.

@echo off

mkdir %APPDATA%\.techniclauncher\rtemp

"C:\program files\java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Xmx1G -jar %APPDATA%\.techniclauncher\technic-launcher.jar

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/96/issueo.png/ -thats what it looks like.

I have also tried putting that .bat file in the appdata .techniclauncher folder and it does the same thing there.

I have tried java6 64 and 32 bit and java7 64 and 32 bit and those dont work.

I have the most up to date version of minecraft and graphics card driver. The only problem with the graphics card driver is that if i run the .jar then it defaults to my built in graphics instead of my nvidia gt 640m.

I have tried manually setting up the path for java and that does nothing.

I have the latest version of the launcher.

I dont know if this is related but certain items wont condense in my energy condensor ie. uranium and stone. Those are the only two that I know of right now.

I have tried everything I have found so far and if anyone else is having this exact problem please post in here. Please dont post if you cant connect to minecraft.net or your updates fail or you cant get the launcher to work at all.