It says 'Illegal characters in path' when i try to open it

evbroman

Question

Launcher Version: Technic Launcher 3.0

Operating System: 32-Bit PC

Java Version: Version jdk-7uk-windows-i586

Antivirus Program: none

Description of Problem:

When I open the launcher it says the words 'Illegal characters in path and when I press continue anyways it just stays at 'checking launcher version forever!

Error Messages:

Illegal characters in path

Error Log:

Yeah, I merged 5 posts in a row. Don't spam your own thread. There's an edit button for a reason.

Oh, and no, no one's going to email you their .techniclauncher folder, even if it were entirely legal, which I'm pretty sure it's not, as there are Minecraft files in there.

ok... I am not a hacker i just want to play tekkit!!!!!!!!!!! does anyone know a solution to this problem?

Where did I say you were a hacker? I was responding to your question by informing you that it's illegal because it contains Minecraft files, which you are not allowed to distribute. And really, reporting me? It doesn't do you much good.

sry about that i was just frustrated...

could u help me with getting it to work though because i REALLY want to play tekkit right now but it says 'unhandled exception has occured' and 'illegal characters in path'

Out of interest does anyone know how to acces the machine.config file so i can turn JIT debugging on so it deals with problem

could u help me with getting it to work though because i REALLY want to play tekkit right now but it says 'unhandled exception has occured' and 'illegal characters in path'

Are you still using JDK 7? You want to get rid of that, unless you're programming in Java, and use JRE 7. Get the one to match your OS bit version (32- or 64-bit).

I'm having this same problem. I use 64-bit W7 and the latest Java. I have tried reinstalling both the Launcher and Java, but I'm still having this issue. My Windows username doesn't have anything but letters in it, so it shouldn't be the cause for this problem.