Can't Join Tekkit Server - Don't Have Mods?

Hello everybody. I made an account just to ask this...

I tried to join a Tekkit server for the first time today and couldn't do it. I've got the latest Tekkit and have made sure of that in the 'Modpack Builds' thing, but it still says I don't have many of the mods. It's a small server run from a friend's home computer. Any help?

Sorry, tried to give some information... They're both 3.1.2.

I tried to log on to singleplayer, actually, and flew around a bit in Creative Mode; none of the mods seem to be present as I see no new ores, no marble or anything, really. I've tried reinstalling the launcher but it doesn't seem to have done that properly, so I'll try again...

Sorry, tried to give some information... They're both 3.1.2.

I tried to log on to singleplayer, actually, and flew around a bit in Creative Mode; none of the mods seem to be present as I see no new ores, no marble or anything, really. I've tried reinstalling the launcher but it doesn't seem to have done that properly, so I'll try again...

Does that mean you've deleted the launcher you downloaded and downloaded another one? If so, that's the same as deleting and putting back a shortcut and expecting the program to work.

If you're on windows, which I assume because you didn't fill out the bug report, go to %appdata% and find the .techniclauncher folder. Inside is another folder called Tekkit. Delete that folder (named Tekkit) and try re-installing using the launcher again.

Thank you for telling me, I had no idea.

I have reinstalled the launcher now, but still the mods are absent. The title screen says that Optifine, FML (hopefully not what I think it is) and Minecraft Forge are there; "3 Mods Loaded". It's supposed to be more than that, isn't it? Not Enough Items (I think it's called) is present too. Any idea what's happened to the others?

I have to thank you for even trying to help me; you must get so many idiots who have no idea what they're doing on here and I'm just another one of those.

...you must get so many idiots who have no idea what they're doing on here and I'm just another one of those.

Interestingly enough but also unsurprisingly, nearly all of the idiots are certain they're quite bright. I would not put you in that category. You just didn't take the time to read first. The lack of idiocy is probably why people are actually helping you, fyi.

Interestingly enough but also unsurprisingly, nearly all of the idiots are certain they're quite bright. I would not put you in that category. You just didn't take the time to read first. The lack of idiocy is probably why people are actually helping you, fyi.

Agreed.

Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes:

"The ancient Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone, of all the Greeks, know that I know nothing" –Socrates