Ideas on scary pc/console games?

rhibakuska

Try Dead Nation. Two-player online or offline co-op enabled, as well as a rather generic story for a dark zombie-horde shoot-em-up game. You have one good source of light (Good is being generous, trust me), which is your flashlight on your gun which shines for maybe 5 feet in front of you and that's about it except for those split seconds when something explodes.

Pros:

• Hordes upon hordes of zombies
  • Hidden loot
  • Customizable armor (Not that it makes too much difference)
  • Hardly-working colored flashlight that makes it more tense
  • Upgradable weapons
  • Various types of zombies (Think Left 4 Dead-esque)

Cons:

• Generic storyline
  • Two characters and that's it
  • Arena sequences where you are trapped until the horde is dead for no reason

So uh, i may be a wimp in this area, but F.E.A.R. Scared the crap out of me on multiple occasions. to the point where i had to revert to an old save once, because i emptied all my ammo into something that wasn't even there, and couldn't complete the mission.

nahhh, it's okay, since, F.E.A.R is a horror game to a low level. the designer minimized that factor for emphasize the shooting.

Try Dead Nation. Two-player online or offline co-op enabled, as well as a rather generic story for a dark zombie-horde shoot-em-up game. You have one good source of light (Good is being generous, trust me), which is your flashlight on your gun which shines for maybe 5 feet in front of you and that's about it except for those split seconds when something explodes.

Pros:

• Hordes upon hordes of zombies
  • Hidden loot
  • Customizable armor (Not that it makes too much difference)
  • Hardly-working colored flashlight that makes it more tense
  • Upgradable weapons
  • Various types of zombies (Think Left 4 Dead-esque)

Cons:

• Generic storyline
  • Two characters and that's it
  • Arena sequences where you are trapped until the horde is dead for no reason

interesting, care for a link? also, is it free or something? i can't "burn" money right now, ~_~

It's a console game, you can just look it up on IGN or something (IGN gave it a 7.5). It's exclusive to the PS3 though, which may cause problems if you don't have one. It's probably cheap, but not free. I got it for free because of the whole hackers taking down Sony fiasco last year, but it should probably be $10 USD or less.