Fix for Buildcraft pumps

Makotech222

Hi, im requesting a mod fix for tekkit buildcraft water pumps. I use them to cool my engines. I place them in the 3x3x1 water pools for an infinite source, but every once in a while, the pool drains and i get engines exploding unless i keep a constant watch. Is there any way i can mod the buildcraft to get pumps to either:

a. Drain water slower

b. pretend to drain water, and just create water instead (like ThermalExpansion mod)

Should note, I'm pretty decent with coding, but i don't know exactly where i should look or how i should go about starting.

You have to realize that the regeneration of water blocks is not instantaneous. First, the block is removed, then the flow is recalculated for other nearby blocks, then a temporary flowing block is placed in the empty spot, then the temporary flowing block detects the right conditions and turns itself into a source block. This all happens over a series of ticks, during which the pump is still pumping, so depending on the order in which things happen, sometimes it will work fine and sometimes it won't. A bigger pool makes it less likely the entire thing can be accidentally pumped out, and slower pumping gives each block more of a chance to regenerate.

Try setting up your pump with 2-3 redstone engines. That should be slow enough. Pumps need dick-all for power.