No IC2 Machine Sounds on client for tekkit 3.1.2

I actually had to remove the .tekkitlauncher data folder for the client to get it to even update to 3.1.2 else the update failed at getting the minecraft.jar and yes I do run java 7, I think that had something to do with minecraft 1.3 being released as it tried to grab minecraft 1.3.1 jar file :/.

Also I play over local lan so I have no latency well under 20ms. I have played probably easily over 60min on the two accounts I own one for admin work and one account I use to play with the same rules as any other ranking player.

I was not aware that the config files set the sound off by default or that they even had a sound toggle. I will have a look at this as I did not touch the config other than to add all the tekkit ore ids to the ic2 miners valuable ore list and tone the nuke and reactor explosions down a little.

Edit

Just tried to clear the client cache it threw me an error saying " Failed to clear cache: please make sure no modpack files are open or restart the launcher and try again"

Edit

Cache cleared that time after I waited about 2min on the launcher login screen :/ quite odd.

Edit

So clearing the cache made launcher re-download Tekkit mod pack again :/ and the same thing happens as it did before I join my server I heard the machine sounds for about 30s then they stop and never return. I have to say the recommended client has no issue like this.

And this is a problem? I always turn them off in the cfg file. A lot less lag, and far less annoying.

Which CFG file is this ? Server end or the client end. I did notice with it off FPS is a lot better as well.

Edit

Found the sound enable in the client ic2.CFG file and it was turned on I was not getting the sound though after about 30s of play. Thought having them off would probably be better.