Problems with inventory & skins

kierdavis

Question

Hey, loving the sound of technic & tekkit but there seems to be a bug with the inventory. When I open my inventory, left-clicking any item will put it straight into the crafting grid, or back into the inventory if it was already in the crafting grid i.e. like holding down shift in vanilla. Holding down control and clicking does the same, except that it only sends one from the stack rather than all. Occasionally right-clicking an item will work correctly (splitting the stack in half) but most of the time it will do the same as left-clicking.

Also, skins are displayed oddly - they appear to be using something along the lines of terrain.png instead of the actual skin image - check the images if you don't get what I mean. Both the skins of other players and the image of yourself on the inventory display like this (I haven't checked third-person view yet).

Other than these, seems to be working fine!

OS details: Linux - Crunchbang (Debian variant)

uname -a: Linux infected 2.6.32-5-686 #1 SMP Mon Jan 16 16:04:25 UTC 2012 i686 GNU/Linux

Weird skin picture:

skin.png

10 answers to this question

I don't have the skins issue, but whenever my inventory bugs out like that I have to quit and completely restart the client, then usually I'm good for awhile. I assume its a tekkit bug that everyone knows about? Happens to everyone on my server.

Thanks for the quick feedback :)

I've had the "stuck shift key" bug numerous times on vanilla, and pressing shift always fixes it. That doesn't seem to work with this bug though.

Also, it doesn't just appear to be skins that display strangely, after playing for a while on a server I've noticed that blocks such as chests and signs also randomly show the terrain texture instead of the default, as do some mobs (pigs only show 3 feet and ducks are completely textured in block images). Yes, I know this sounds weird.

Hello, I'm bumping this to see if anyone has figured this out yet? I'm on Ubuntu 12.04 and most of the time my chests, signs, mobs, and other player's skins are messed up or completely invisible. It's pretty hard to play. Here's a screenshot.

qwqYx.png

Same issue as above. Here is a list of things that don't work:

-updating to latest LWJGL (2.8.3)

-updating to latest recommended build (6.0.7) tekkit was also tried, using recommended build (2.1.0)

-technic 7.0.0 crashes with a method not found error, so I was not able to try it at present.

-using sun-java 1.6.0_32 instead of openJDK 1.6.0_24

any ideas where exactly I should be looking for errors, and what mod would be capable of causing this?

To all:

- Get the latest copy of OptiFine Standard that was made for whatever version of MC your mod pack uses.

- Download the latest version of the mod pack's texture pack, in the case of Rowan that looks like Faithful 32, and you may have an old version.