New server help

It seems like I'm playing regular Minecraft with a mini-map. I'm missing all the Tekkit goodness that I get from playing single-player. For example none of the mod ore shows up (copper,tin,ruby,etc). Am I missing something?

Sounds like you created a normal MC server. Are you using the Tekkit server files that you can find on the main site? Not the ones you download from MC.net.

Tekkit server 3.1.2 >>> http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/

This is my first server and I got from the Tekkit site. I can see the mods in the mod folder and if I do the slash command to see the plugins I can see them but there's nothing there.

So, you launch the server with the launch.bat file, connect in your world using your IP address, and when you're in the world, there aren't any mods apparent? Can you see modded items in NEI?

The only mod that I see is the mini-map stuff. NEI doesn't even show up. I'm wondering if it's just the mods aren't up to date from the recent MC 1.3 update.

Oh, I get it now. No, they aren't none of them, Tekkit is in 1.2.5. I'd tell you to delete your Tekkit folder in techniclauncher (Back up your texture packs and your worlds) and reinstall it completely, this way it'll have the good version of MC, IE 1.2.5. And don't even bother to ask, we don't know when the 1.3 version of Tekkit will be out, but it'll probably be a good while.

Oh ok. So Tekkit and Minecraft are basically two separate things. Just because MC was updated doesn't mean Tekkit had to update their version. Correct?

Exactly, the minecraft the launcher uses is still in version 1.2.5, and doesn't have anything to do with the most recent update. If you play with 1.2.5, you shouldn't have any problems using the mods.

Thank you. That helped but I'm still getting issuses. When I look at the mod list, a lot of the mods say "Metadata not found". NEI is one of them. Does that mean anything?

And in the server window I see a couple CONFLICTs saying that an item slot is already occupied....

Thank you. That helped but I'm still getting issuses. When I look at the mod list, a lot of the mods say "Metadata not found". NEI is one of them. Does that mean anything?

And in the server window I see a couple CONFLICTs saying that an item slot is already occupied....

The Metadata is just the description of the mod, and there isn't one for most of them, that's okay. For the conflict issue... Well, if you notice anything unusual or buggy with your server, report back. I don't see what that could mean, really.