Multiple retriever mix-up

S32191234

Question

Title: Multiple retriever mix-up

Version: 3.1.1

Java Version: 7.1.0

Description of Problem:

It's a bug regarding the retriever block which I believe originates from RedPower.

I've made a central Pneumatic pipesystem connected with multiple chests. There are also multiple retrievers on this pipesystem to allow them to create items. For example I have one system that creates solar panals and one that creates uranium cells for my nuclear reactor.

The problem is that both these systems require 4 tin. So there are 2 retrievers on the same net that retrieve 4 tin as a result of its redcurrent.

The problem is this. Once the retriever that is located further away is triggered, it attempts to retrieve 4 tin but these 4 tin end up with the closer retriever which has a setup to pull 4 tin as well. The 4 tin never arrives at the destination it is supposed to.

I hope the situation sketch is clear to whomever reads it.

I m not sure if it's a bug but that's why I'd like to know from you.

Error Messages:

n/a

Error Log:

n/a

4 answers to this question

It appears like a bug to me because it also ignores the limit set by the other retriever. So if you request 6 pieces from the retriever that is further away, the retriever that is closer will pass them through even when it should only pass 3.

Current workaround for me:

put something behind it that stops passing through items, such as a retrievulator or a regulator.

They're called tubes and try color coding the retriever requests and the tubes they travel along.

The item is not colored until after it passes through a retriever, he is talking about what happens before it gets there. If two retrievers are requesting the same item, the closest one gets it and the furthest one does not. This sort of makes it impossible to setup a simple system with a presorted supply chain. Instead you have to resort to a complicated setup of retrievulators (that are buggy as hell) or lots of filters and sorting machines.

this is they way redpower tubes work. The item in the pipe looks for the CLOSEST valid location. The dev of RedPower will not change this as it is the way the mod was intended to run. You will need to use a retrievulator or regulator to control input to these machines.