Adding Mods to Tekkit

Arthur

The tekkit forums have been useful to me in the past so I would ask anyone who knows what they're doing to help me. I've tried adding mo' creatures, tree capitator, and some other lesserly known mods into tekkit, but im not anywhere near knowing how. I've heard that you need it converted into a bukkit thing or whatever. I'm new to manually modding of course so if anyone skilled with this kind of stuff reads this please share what you know. I don't own a server, Im just talking about singleplayer for now...

List of Tekkit compatible mods:

http://mcportcentral.co.za/wiki/index.php?title=Ports_for_1.2.5

You would need to put the file you download into your server's mod folder.

Then, if someone wanted to join your server, they would have to install the client version of the mod.

EDIT:

Be advised that there might be ID conflicts that you have to manually configure yourself. Then, the people who want to join your server has to have the same config as you.

List of Tekkit compatible mods:

http://mcportcentral.co.za/wiki/index.php?title=Ports_for_1.2.5

You would need to put the file you download into your server's mod folder.

Then, if someone wanted to join your server, they would have to install the client version of the mod.

EDIT:

Be advised that there might be ID conflicts that you have to manually configure yourself. Then, the people who want to join your server has to have the same config as you.

Paul, uhm is that really a list of compatible mods for Tekkit?

If I havnt been incorrectly informed, that list is not accurate for Tekkit modding.

Tekkit isnt "a mod" per say, its a build, that uses ported mods from that link provided. There is nothing called "a Tekkit mod", Tekkit is a compiled pack, client and server. Add a mod to the server, it HAS to be added to the client, and if doing so, its not Tekkit anymore.

Tekkit isnt "a mod" per say, its a build, that uses ported mods from that link provided. There is nothing called "a Tekkit mod", Tekkit is a compiled pack, client and server. Add a mod to the server, it HAS to be added to the client, and if doing so, its not Tekkit anymore.

I think you misunderstod me. "Tekkit modding" in as modding your tekkit server, modding as in making changes to the existing Tekkit pack. I know there is nothing called "a tekkit mod" - Still that doesnt answer my above question. If that list is a list of MODS compatible to add to Tekkit. Hence, modding your tekkit server.

Ah im following. We made our server without using the downloadable server from Tekkit. So its highly doable :)

You will need to adress MCPC (as linked to higher up here). Almost all the 1.2.5 ports will work with the Tekkit.jar (if im not mistaken Tekkit.jar = MCPC CB build 166)

Ah im following. We made our server without using the downloadable server from Tekkit. So its highly doable :)

You will need to adress MCPC (as linked to higher up here). Almost all the 1.2.5 ports will work with the Tekkit.jar (if im not mistaken Tekkit.jar = MCPC CB build 166)

Thanks Sp0nge, that got me a lil bit more enlighten! :-)