Can't connect to Minecraft.net!

Whoaaaaa

Question

15 answers to this question

Why is there no "play offline" option in the technic launcher like there is in the regular minecraft launcher?

Maybe its just better to install the mods manually instead of using the technic pak to avoid this problem for SSP.

There is a play offline mode after it fails to connect. Play Offline sucks though, a lot of shit relies on your playername staying the same, and you lose your name if you're offline.

its funny really. i have been on my friends server off and on today and haven't had any problems. i haven't logged off yet since this problem has come up. but if the servers are down then why an i still able to play?

because your friend's server isn't down, only the login/authentication server is down.

There is a play offline mode after it fails to connect. Play Offline sucks though, a lot of shit relies on your playername staying the same, and you lose your name if you're offline.

Using Technic launcher 1.0.1.3 there is no play offline mode after it fails to connect.

its funny really. i have been on my friends server off and on today and haven't had any problems. i haven't logged off yet since this problem has come up. but if the servers are down then why an i still able to play?

It's because your friends server properties turned online mode to false.

The offline mode will only be available after you logged in at least once.

I've logged in at least once, but have quit the launcher since logging in.

Does it rely on the "Remember" checkbox having been ticked to record the "have logged on" status?

It's because your friends server properties turned online mode to false.

No this is not the reason. the reason i was still on playing when it went down i was logged in to the minecraft.net. so once you are on you are on your on. it didn't kick me from it. and if i would have logged off i wouldn't have been able to get back on.