Sorting Machine vs Regulator

If you were to have 30 Compressors outputting to 4 recyclers, how would you best make them deposit into the inventories evenly? Sorting Machine or Regulator? And if Regulator, do you need 1 regulator per recycler?

9epz1.png

This system will share evenly the output of the compressors. The three blocks in the middle are relays. There aren't thirty compressors because I wanted to fit it in the picture. Everything is even because the distance between the different outputs is the same. You can do without the two relays on the bottom, but more relays is better, because they put item in stacks=less possible lag.

What is the goal of a Relay?

It's basically a chest, a transposer, and a 0.00000001 timer altogether, plus the advantage that when the input is extremely high, it puts individual items in stacks, so less lag. As well as, of course, reseting the distance of a tube.

What is the goal of a Relay?

And how would you do the setup with a retriever instead of filters/transposers? Would you put it right infront of the first relay?

Yeah, put a stack of the retrieved item in the retriever, and activate it fast, and it'll do the job of the transposers, I think. I'm not perfectly sure it would take all the outputs of the compressors, though.