Technic launcher RIP

xXTigerKingXx

Question

Just recently my technic launcher hasn't worked

-Keep in mind that it doesn't even open to the the sign in screen, just blue wheel for a second and that's the end of it

-Reinstalling didn't work

-File didn't appear when reinstalling

-No crash report

It seems like others are having my problem too.

-Installed newest java

SPECS

750 ti GTX

3.2 GHz Processor

Windows 8.1

Direct X11

16 answers to this question

• Moderators

you can't change RAM outside of the launcher. atleast, not to my knowledge -  that wouldn't help anyway since the launcher doesn't require the RAM, it's the game itself that needs it.

I'm running low on ideas...

• Moderators

the launcher should still run, even if the RAM was running low during gameplay.

what about a firewall? The launcher goes through the internet to contact Mojang's auth servers to authenticate your Minecraft / Mojang account. It could be possible that your firewall suddenly blocks it. In such a case, you need to make the launcher an exception through the firewall

I'm not sure why the RAM would do that, as I have 7.92 left outta 8, I'll look to see if I can accept the launcher (if its blocked). Also, what browser would it look for, any?

I'm pretty sure its not the firewall, as it worked before and I haven't done ANYTHING whatsoever to the internet.

Is it the java not being compatible? Is something wrong with the drivers? (I got this computer on the 22 of august)

• Moderators

. Also, what browser would it look for, any?

the one you have installed on your PC. Explorer, Firefox, Chrome.

java 8u60 works for others, so yes it is compatible. drivers issue doesn't prevent the launcher from appearing, only the game itself

when I said RAM running low I meant the RAM you assigned to the launcher. you said it crashed because "out of memory", that is RAM not being plenty enough for the game, as it needs between 1-3 GB depending on the modpack

see if the launcher has any logs saved

logs can be found when clicking the Cog-Wheel button on the top right corner on the launcher window.
If you can't open the launcher the logs can also be found inside %appdata% -> Roaming -> .technic -> logs

Paste the content on pastebin.com or paste.ubuntu.com and give the link.

I found logs, but they are of installing packs

No crash logs

Also, you do mean like the ACTUAL logs of the launcher itself? Because that's what is happening

(Technic launcher opens, blue wheel like it is going to load, and within a second or two(less often) it closes, not even enough time to load up a log, can I change the GB outside of the launcher? I feel like that can fix it

------ Is there another file for logs?