Accidently Deleted Save

etroupite

First off, I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I couldn't find a better place to put this, but maybe I'm just dumb.

So, here's the situation. I was playing a third party pack when I noticed that it wasn't working correctly. I was unable to fix it so I just uninstalled and reinstalled. But before I uninstalled, I (stupidly) hit the copy button to save my Saves folder to avoid losing the world that I worked for about 2 months on. I proceeded to uninstall and reinstall, and the pack was working swell. I navigated back to the pack directory and hit "paste" to restore my world. Of course, it couldn't copy something that was gone, so it didn't work. Since I didn't delete the files by traditional means, it didn't go to my recycle bin.

Basically, I was an idiot and want my saves folder back. Please help. :argh:

You are basically screwed, there are means to get lost data back but they are expensive, and to get something like a minecraft save back I would assume wouldn't be possible for most people. Its always sad when worlds are lost, I have been there myself and lost at least 3 months of work, best way to avoid it is to make at least weekly copies of the world on another drive and preferably also off site backup such as dropbox. You can always try to use a Data Recovery Wizard, there are several free ones available, but the more you have used the computer since you deleted the file the less likely you are to recover it.

Nothing is impossible, You may try Recuva, I was making my modpack and upon launching it, The launcher deleted it, I used Recuva to recover most of the files, You might be lucky and get all your files back

1) Download and Install Recuva

2) Go to your saves folder and create the exact folder name of your world, i.e: Your world name was Technic World, then create a folder called Technic World

3) Launch Recuva and follow on-screen instructions