can run tekkit but fps sucks

Tartansilver5

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.3

Operating System: Windows 7

Java Version: unsure??

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

i start launcher select tekkit then go into a single player world after it starts the game as soon as it starts i pull up the log screen that tells u the fps by hitting f3 and it is 12-14

fps and the game doesn't run well at all and i most definatly am not the smartest computer guy out there so i really don't know how to do somethings

Error Messages:

Error Log:

• Answers 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1. go to your tekkit folder by typeing %appdata% and go to roaming.

2. go into the .techniclauncher folder then tekkit.

3. Go to bin, and in the bin folder, open modpack.jar and minecraft.jar

4. copy everything from the modpack and put it in minecraft.jar

5. Delete Meta-Inf.

6. Now that this is done bring the minecraft.jar to your desktop.

7. Go to roaming again and open .minecraft folder.

8. Go to bin and delete minecraft.jar.... Put the minecraft.jar from your tekkit (desktop)in there.

9. Start minecraft, Then When you get to main menu close it.

10. Open you tekkit folder again and copy everything except for bin and paste it in .minecraft (not in bin folder)

11. And move and replace everything over wright it, do not say no!!!

12. Open Minecraft again and it should look like tekkit. Now That's Done!!

13. Next make a new text document (right click on screen go to new and hit new text document)

14. type in or copy and paste the following: javaw -Xmx1200M -Xms1200M -jar "minecraft.exe" (do not delete the ")

15. Do file save as then under the spot were you name it click on text document and change it to all files. Name it as tekkit.bat

16.Now for fraps, always check aero desktop monitor on general tab. Record you desktop then start tekkit. I know a little wierd. Then go in full windowed mode (full screen not with f11 but maximize)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All you have to do is cut off the part till you get to your main menu for the beggining of the vid. this majorly boosts fps. Trust me i did it myself. I really hope this helps and before I forget press F7 when you record to disable matmos sound.

-Sincerely, Minykootra