Technic Launcher Not Finishing Download

Jakeofwar

Question

Launcher Version: The latest/ I'm not sure

Operating System: 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium

Java Version: Windows x64

Antivirus Program: Trend Micro Antivirus & AntiSpyware, McAfee Security plus

Description of Problem:

I needed to re-download the Technic Launcher. I updated Java, and went ahead and started the download for the Java version you see above- Done, and I went and started the download for the Technic Launcher. Now, for the past 37 minutes and counting, I have had the grey pop-up screen that says "Technic Launcher" that sits in front of every window on your computer like it's a high priority screen. I have no way of closing this window, and now way of getting it off my screen. Also, due to the fact that it's been like this for 38 minutes now, I don't think it's doing anything. Can I get some advice please?

Please don't post anything that's not going to help me, like:

"I don't know." or anything irrelevant, such as "This happened to me once, but it fixed itself." or "Just wait."

Because I WILL have it deleted.

I shouldn't even have to say that.

Error Messages:

No Error Messages

Error Log:

No Error Log

5 answers to this question

So, it crashed before you ran it, during the download, or it crashed when the download was done and you were attempting to install a mod pack?

Please don't post anything that's not going to help me, like:"I don't know." or anything irrelevant, such as "This happened to me once, but it fixed itself." or "ust wait."

Because I WILL have it deleted.

I shouldn't even have to say that.

Then don't. You sound pretentious, and statements like this aren't really necessary here anyway.

Anyway, it's likely your antivirus software program(s) is/are interfering with your mod pack download. I'd disable McAfee first, and if that doesn't work shut off Trend Micro as well. Also, and I shouldn't have to say this, but monksy is correct. Java.exe is the process for the launcher, and killing it will remove the splash screen.

So, it crashed before you ran it, during the download, or it crashed when the download was done and you were attempting to install a mod pack?

Then don't. You sound pretentious, and statements like this aren't really necessary here anyway.

Anyway, it's likely your antivirus software program(s) is/are interfering with your mod pack download. I'd disable McAfee first, and if that doesn't work shut off Trend Micro as well. Also, and I shouldn't have to say this, but monksy is correct. Java.exe is the process for the launcher, and killing it will remove the splash screen.

Hey- I'm not trying to be pretentious, I'm just trying to avoid stupid comments. Thank you for confirming how to remove the splash screen, and for... well, that's pretty much it, since I found out both my antivirus programs are fried. Oh well.

Hey- I'm not trying to be pretentious, I'm just trying to avoid stupid comments. Thank you for confirming how to remove the splash screen, and for... well, that's pretty much it, since I found out both my antivirus programs are fried. Oh well.

So...what do you mean, fried? Why do you have two AVs anyway?