wont open

ORANGExHAAZE

Question

23 answers to this question

Sorry you need to give more Information for anyone to help you. With just that description and no Error message OR Log, no one can help you. If I see things like this I would usually say just delete your .techniclauncher and let it download again

Same exact thing happens to me!!! someone help! I tried re-downloading three times! it didnt help one bit! All the info. he gave is the same for me.

WINDOWS?!?! I THOUGHT YOU WERE RUNNING MINEOS!

Yeah. Give us a detailed report. What version? 32 or 64 bit?

Java. "The latest" just doesn't cut it. I could be living under a rock and think Java 5u4 is the latest.

Try disabling your firewall and anti virus. Then, when your computer has choked to death, report back to us.

WINDOWS?!?! I THOUGHT YOU WERE RUNNING MINEOS!

Yeah. Give us a detailed report. What version? 32 or 64 bit?

Java. "The latest" just doesn't cut it. I could be living under a rock and think Java 5u4 is the latest.

Try disabling your firewall and anti virus. Then, when your computer has choked to death, report back to us.

i have 64 bit java

It's not poor support, you're exhibiting poor manners by intruding on someone else's help request with something that isn't the same problem. Learn to tell the difference, and to spell.

OK, first off i know how to spell. And if i wasnt allowed to comment, why was it on google? And im having the same problem except i dont have an antivirus. And no thanks to you i figured out how to fix it. Obviously you guys dont know anything if you can not fix a little problem.

OK, first off i know how to spell. And if i wasnt allowed to comment, why was it on google? And im having the same problem except i dont have an antivirus. And no thanks to you i figured out how to fix it. Obviously you guys dont know anything if you can not fix a little problem.

How does that logic even begin to make sense?

You refused to make your own bug report, and instead piggybacked on a guy who DID make a bug report that WASN'T THE SAME as the one you would have made.

And no thanks to you i figured out how to fix it.

You refused to make your own bug report, and instead piggybacked on a guy who DID make a bug report that WASN'T THE SAME as the one you would have made.

I'll stack on top of this by adding that if you could just as easily, no thanks to me, figure it out yourself, why bother posting at all?

There was one tiny little difference, i didn't think it was necessary. I thought i could just say that i don't have an antivirus. Whats the difference between me saying i had one thing different ( which was in fact basically giving you an obvious idea of the bug report i would have written) and me writing a bug report.

The difference is that your problems may not be the same, due to those "tiny" little differences (except that having or not having an antivirus is a huge difference), your solutions could be wildly different.

think of it this way.

You and someone else have cars that don't start. It sounds like the engine is turning over, but then it makes a clunking sound.

The only difference is that Person A has a ford Mustang, and you have a Ford Pinto.

The solution to Mustangs problem is to check the alternator. The solution to YOUR problem is to run the fuck away because your car is about to explode.

The difference is that your problems may not be the same, due to those "tiny" little differences (except that having or not having an antivirus is a huge difference), your solutions could be wildly different.

think of it this way.

You and someone else have cars that don't start. It sounds like the engine is turning over, but then it makes a clunking sound.

The only difference is that Person A has a ford Mustang, and you have a Ford Pinto.

The solution to Mustangs problem is to check the alternator. The solution to YOUR problem is to run the fuck away because your car is about to explode.

ok...

Mine also does this, i get this error message however...

************** Exception Text **************

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified

at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at TechnicLauncher.Program.RunLauncher(String launcherPath)

at TechnicLauncher.Form1.DownloadStringCompleted(Object sender, DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs e)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5456 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

TechnicLauncher

Assembly Version: 1.0.1.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.1.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/jim/Downloads/TechnicLauncher(5).exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5460 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5456 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5462 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Start > Run > %appdata% > .techniclauncher > technic-launcher.jar > Enjoy!

That's all that needs to be said, Nothing further, (Sorry if this post was duplicated or replied a second time, I accidentally went to the previous page and saw this post was likely deleted, I just want to end this not being able to start up tekkit crap.)