Question about NoLag

JunkyPic

Hello,

Recently a server I'm running started to "spit out" the dreaded error:"[server] WARNING Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?"

It seems that the problem was caused by items left on the ground by players, Darkrooms etc.

After using the command /remove drops [radius] the error disappeared.

Is there a plugin that can do this for me?

First thing that came to Mind was NoLagg, but how well does it interact with a Tekkit server?

And given that it does have that command, what is a decent interval for drops to be removed?

As a side note, what other things can cause the above mentioned error?

The server itself is hosted by a hosting site. 1GB of RAM, no idea what the CPU is, from what their site says it's Intel® Core™ i7-920 Quadcore with Hyper-Threading Technology but given that Minecraft uses only one core that's not really much of a help.

If it's just items being on the floor, I'd recommend a plugin to stack items. I haven't heard too many good remarks about NoLagg, but I've heard there's a plugin called "ItemStacker" which does a similar job. I personally use the built-in item stacker in CraftBukkit++.

I'd actually recommend a plugin that removes drops once it reaches over 200 in any given chunk.

Can't remember what it's called though.

There's an item buffer option in NoLagg which does that. If there's 200 drops in a chunk, the rest wont appear until the first ones are picked up.