Is tekkit 3.1.2 supported for Ubuntu Server?

Im not sure exactly what version i have but if I were to guess Id say 11.something

major.minor version 51.0

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.load(Loader.java:436)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:606)

at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLBukkitHandler.onPreLoad(FMLBukkitHandler.java:134)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:135)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:438)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

Caused by: cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: net/minecraft/server/mod_NetherOres : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadModClass(Loader.java:527)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.attemptFileLoad(Loader.java:562)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.load(Loader.java:419)

... 5 more

Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: net/minecraft/server/mod_NetherOres : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:295)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:247)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadModClass(Loader.java:494)

... 7 more

>stop

00:46:13 [iNFO] Stopping server

00:46:13 [sEVERE] java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0

00:46:13 [sEVERE] at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:547)

00:46:13 [sEVERE] at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:322)

00:46:13 [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.stop(MinecraftServer.java:424)

00:46:13 [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:497)

00:46:13 [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

mod_NetherOres : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

Did you bother installing Java7?

I don't have to ask if you bothered reading any of the stickies or posting a proper bug report because I know the answer to that is no.

Go read: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/mod_ic2advancedmachines-unsupported-major-minor-version-51-0.2324/

Next time, look around a bit.

I tried to post in the bug board with the server stuff but apparently I don't have enough privileges :/

Click the thing that says "Submit a Bug report" next time. If you post in the wrong place, at least put it in the proper bug reporting format.

Did you bother installing Java7?

I don't have to ask if you bothered reading any of the stickies or posting a proper bug report because I know the answer to that is no.

Go read: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/mod_ic2advancedmachines-unsupported-major-minor-version-51-0.2324/

Next time, look around a bit.

I already host a popular minecraft server so I'm guessing java is installed :P its on the same computer. I did look around, also this is not a bug report this is a question i merely thought it would help posting the errors of trying to run the server.

I already host a popular minecraft server so I'm guessing java is installed :P its on the same computer. I did look around, also this is not a bug report this is a question i merely thought it would help posting the errors of trying to run the server.

I'm happy for your success. However, the error you posted (outside of code tags or a pastbin) suggests you don't have Java7 installed which nether ores and IC2AdvancedMachine requires. You, in all likelihood, have Java6 installed. If you want to run Tekkit with the two aforementioned mods installed, install Java7. I can't recall the Ubuntu commands to check Java version but I'm sure you can Google it and find out that you're probably not running Java 1.7 (Java 7).

I'm happy for your success. However, the error you posted (outside of code tags or a pastbin) suggests you don't have Java7 installed which nether ores and IC2AdvancedMachine requires. You, in all likelihood, have Java6 installed. If you want to run Tekkit with the two aforementioned mods installed, install Java7. I can't recall the Ubuntu commands to check Java version but I'm sure you can Google it and find out that you're probably not running Java 1.7 (Java 7).

Ah okay, thanks for your help.