What are the minimum requirements for a tekkit server?

wraith0127

I am trying to set up a tekkit server on an older machine, it has nothing but Firefox/IE, an antivirus program, windows xp, and the tekkit server. Also, it has only 768MB, (yes MB) of ram, a Pentium 4 1.90Ghz CPU and a basic video card. I don't need to play minecraft on it, just run the java based server. I downloaded the server, and tried it on my Win7 comp, no problem. Downloaded all the java files for this other computer, downloaded a new tekkit server ZIP, and followed the exact same procedure, but with one minor change, b/c of the limited RAM i had to change the launch.bat. This is the error that I get whenever I start up the server now...

C:\Documents and Settings\Bryan\Desktop\Tekkit_Server_3.1.2>java -Xmx640m -Xms32

0m -jar Tekkit.jar nogui

182 recipes

27 achievements

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.fusesource.jansi.

internal.Kernel32

at org.fusesource.jansi.internal.WindowsSupport.getConsoleMode(WindowsSu

pport.java:50)

at jline.WindowsTerminal.getConsoleMode(WindowsTerminal.java:176)

at jline.WindowsTerminal.init(WindowsTerminal.java:80)

at jline.TerminalFactory.create(TerminalFactory.java:93)

at jline.TerminalFactory.get(TerminalFactory.java:151)

at jline.console.ConsoleReader.<init>(ConsoleReader.java:140)

at jline.console.ConsoleReader.<init>(ConsoleReader.java:126)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.<init>(MinecraftServer.java:101)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.main(MinecraftServer.java:637)

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.Main.main(Main.java:136)

C:\Documents and Settings\Bryan\Desktop\Tekkit_Server_3.1.2>pause

Press any key to continue . . .

I have a bad feeling I'm going to save up for some more RAM. Perhaps about 8-16GB should do the trick :D Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

See if this helps: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/could-not-initialize-class-error.79352/

640MB should at least let you get a couple of friends on the server. I'm seeing about 1.2GB in use with 20 people playing. More than 2GB is probably overkill, I've never seen it use that much even with a bunch of Bukkit plugins loaded. Tekkit really needs a decent CPU speed, if you're going to upgrade just grab the fastest dual core you can find. Skip the 4+ core CPUs as you won't see a benefit from the slower core speed, higher core count processors and they may actually make things worse.