300FPS down to 12FPS

connermd

Question

Hello everyone i love the technic pack but for some reason im getting low fps rates. My normal fps on vanilla is 300-350 fps so great, but when i use the technic launcher and run it with mods the fps drops down to 12, i even let it use 8GB of ram. My comp specs are 16GB ram, Intel i7 extreme processor, and for the graphics card i have the Nividia geforce gtx 580m oh and 500GB Solid state drive. Please some one help.

12 answers to this question

Good god, don't allocate 8 GB of ram! This is Java, so it won't help at all. The more ram you allocate minecraft, the worse it runs. If you set it to 8GB, it will eventually use 8GB before it dumps all the garbage data. Then you can expect a good ol' HURRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG processor committing suicide.

Also, your fps is of course going to be lower then vanilla because you're running mods. It's extra tax on the CPU which slows performance. Buildcraft alone ads an extra 20-30% strain on the cpu constantly, and we can't do a thing about it. If you want you can go ask all the mod makers to spend time optimizing their code to help performance, but sadly most of them will just tell you to get bent and they don't care.

[ProblemTechnicFacesConstantly] Afterall, it wouldn't be a problem if you just used their mod alone and never played with others. [/ProblemTechnicFacesConstantly]

well yes that makes since but i have a friend who gets around 45 fps and he dosent even have a gameing comp.

I've found out that Minecraft affects the computer in different ways than normal games do. On my newer computer, I can't play with the mods because everything is in slow mo' and then it crashes. On my super old 10 year computer, with the options set pretty low, I can actually play it... that is, until it crashes too for an unknown reason.

I started having major issues when I set up an auto-crafting room. I tried lowering my RAM to 500MB. Minecraft doesnt crash, but when the RAM hits about 450MB the data dumps. Game freezes for a second or two, then starts to build up to 350 again. So, basically every 15 seconds I get a freeze.

Just a minute ago I tried to bump up my RAM to 1GB. When I press F3 my allocated RAM shows 250MB. No matter what amount of RAM I set I only allocate 250MB.

So watch for that if you do lower the RAM. Gonna try to get the RAM back up.

Got it fixed. I started the Technic launcher, and clicked options. Check create backup, choose the amount of RAM, and then click OK. The launcher will close, so start it back up again. Click Login. A backup will be created, and all the mods will basically be re-installed. Close out of the Minecraft log in screen where you select single/multiplayer. Start the launcher again. Log in and play. Everything is working VERY well for me now.

Hope this helps!

I got that same problem, i actually bought Minecraft just because of this mod, it worked 1 day i had some great fun! and i was so excited to play for the next day and i had 10 - 15 fps......

so sad :(

Let's play Tekkit with 10 fps shall we? 10 FPS brothers? :(