My Technic Launcher is Not Working :(

St.Kempy

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.0

Operating System: Window 7, 64 bit operating system

Java Version: Java 7 (jre7)

Antivirus Program: AVG

Description of Problem:

When i load up technic it says -Checking Launcher Version-Then just stops i have never had promblems with my technic launcher before. After saying -Checking Launcher Version- the program just fails .

Error Messages:

There is none

Error Log:

There is none

13 answers to this question

Make sure that your Java is also 64bit, and remove any 32 installation you may have of it. It will cause this issue.

Also, if you hit any other snags, disable AVG while you launch the launcher. :)

Thanks for the suggestion and by the way how do i disable avg

This is directly from AVG's site

The AVG software protects your computer on multiple levels. In case you need to disable all AVG components at once please follow the steps below:

1. Open the AVG Program.
  2. On the Tools menu, click Advanced settings.
  3. Click Temporarily disable AVG protection in the menu on the left side.
  4. Select the Temporarily disable AVG protection check box, and then click OK.
  5. Choose how long you want the protection to be disabled and whether to disable the Firewall as well, and then clickDisable real-time protection.

If that doesn't work, i believe you can also just right click on the AVG icon in the system tray (down in the bottom by the clock) and disable it from there.

This is directly from AVG's site

The AVG software protects your computer on multiple levels. In case you need to disable all AVG components at once please follow the steps below:

1. Open the AVG Program.
  2. On the Tools menu, click Advanced settings.
  3. Click Temporarily disable AVG protection in the menu on the left side.
  4. Select the Temporarily disable AVG protection check box, and then click OK.
  5. Choose how long you want the protection to be disabled and whether to disable the Firewall as well, and then clickDisable real-time protection.

If that doesn't work, i believe you can also just right click on the AVG icon in the system tray (down in the bottom by the clock) and disable it from there.

It still doesnt work ;( . But for some reason it has the sheild sign on it so i have to run it as asministartor and before i never had to do that

So did you right click it and run as administrator?

if that doesn't do it, you could try uninstalling AVG completely (just to test it) and if that fixes it, go with a different antivirus program (I can personally vouch for Avast!, been using it for years) AVG has a bad habit of interfering with the launcher, even when its disabled.

So did you right click it and run as administrator?

if that doesn't do it, you could try uninstalling AVG completely (just to test it) and if that fixes it, go with a different antivirus program (I can personally vouch for Avast!, been using it for years) AVG has a bad habit of interfering with the launcher, even when its disabled.

yes did but when i went on tekkt and yogbox etc. i was using avg

So what you are saying is that you have logged onto tekkit/yogbox before while using AVG, and had no issue? Just making sure i understand what you meant lol

yes but my brother was messing about and deleted it so i downloaded it back and it wont work

Alright, so have you tried COMPLETELY uninstalling AVG from the PC (just for the duration of running the launcher) and see if it works then? SOMETIMES, AVG will still interfere with the launcher, even when it is just DISABLED.

Also, make sure that you dont have any other protection software that may be interfering.

Well, AVG has a free version, and a paid version. If it is the free version, it would be very easy to redownload. If it is the paid version, you could stil do it, but it would just be a bit more involved....I have a few other ideas that you can try first though....

Ill send you a message here in just a few with some steps we can try. IF they are successful, we can post back here and update the thread accordingly :P

Well, AVG has a free version, and a paid version. If it is the free version, it would be very easy to redownload. If it is the paid version, you could stil do it, but it would just be a bit more involved....I have a few other ideas that you can try first though....

Ill send you a message here in just a few with some steps we can try. IF they are successful, we can post back here and update the thread accordingly :P

And thanks for all your help when it wroks if it works you should play wit me