OptFine Problem

I got pretty powerful computer(i7(4 cores),2GB video card, 6GB RAM). So it mustn't laging. I played on my old computer(i3, 1GB video card 4GB RAM) with no lags. so it's a problem with one of th mods.

Is your computer a laptop? You might have a problem with the dedicated video card not doing its job properly.

I got a laptop but i have no problems with vanilla minecraft and other programs. My video card do it's job pretty well(bf3 on ultra). So problem in the graphical mod(optfine).

Have you set your video card to actually be used (as opposed to the integrated graphics chipset) for Java and the Technic launcher? This will usually be in your graphics control panel.

Tekkit takes up more resources than vanilla does, expecially if you haven't set your dedicated graphics card to take over when you launch java apps. Optifine actually does the job better than vanilla, so removing would be like shooting yourself in the foot. Try googling it, I know for a fact that there are tons of guides out there that shows you how to set it up.

I got pretty powerful computer(i7(4 cores),2GB video card, 6GB RAM). So it mustn't laging. I played on my old computer(i3, 1GB video card 4GB RAM) with no lags. so it's a problem with one of th mods.

Minecraft is pretty badly coded, in such a way that performance computers are very poorly optimized. You might want to try the multi-core version of optifine. If you get it to work, it'll improve your performances grandly. And also do what Torezu's telling you to, with your video card.

I also have problems with tekkit. I have a powerful computer (no laptop) but only intel integrated graphics as video card. In normal mc, i think my CPU is used (which is fine and gives 128 fps on far and fancy), but in tekkit i think it uses my graphics card, resulting in 10 fps (on normal and fast, about 8 fps on far fancy).

I cannot find any option that might be helpful in the graphics control panel (yes i did turn it to advanced). (i can only change antiscopic filtring and vsync and i can turn application optimal mode on or off in the 3d settings)

I tried installing a different version of optifine (1.2.5 standard C6). The game started normally, and the mods tab showed the other version of optifine, but as soon as i tried playing, it turned to a black and later a white screen.

I also tried removing optifine (by removing all files i found in the optifine zip from the modpack.jar) but this results in mc giving only the background of the menu.

Update:

I found how to delete optifine. You have to remove all optifine files in the modpack.jar (download optifine_1.2.5_S_C6 from the website to see what to delete). Then you have to install forge (build 164) in the modpack.jar again (http://jenkins.minecraftforge.net:7070/job/forge/164).

But, the results are not very hopeful. I still run at the same fps, so im going to try to install the multi core version now.

PS:

My computer specs are

intel i5-3570K (3.40 GHz 4 cores)

Intel integrated graphics

Asus P8H77-V motherboard

8 GB ram

64 bit windows 7

Eh, I am sorry, but integrated graphics are simply terrible. Unless you get a graphic card, I fear you may not get any better performances.

Eh, I am sorry, but integrated graphics are simply terrible. Unless you get a graphic card, I fear you may not get any better performances.

I know, but i think the cpu should be enough to do all the work. In normal mc, it does and it works fine. In tekkit, i don't think it does.

It seems that tekkit makes the game alot more intensive, and i don't completely see why. A little bit maybe, but 12 times as intensive?

I also noticed that the framerate is better when you (for example) put yourself in a cobblestone box, or look at the ground (about 60 fps). As soon as you look out into the distance, you can see a great drop in fps (which is not available in normal mc). How can something that does not change any rendering or graphics setting make this happen? The tekkit stuff mostly only adds blocks, items and specific behaviour. The core is the same.

Besides, any calculations that the gpu makes can also be made by the normal cpu, but just less efficient. The best would be if optifine detects how good your graphics card is, and then chooses to calculate with cpu, gpu or both.