Pipe sorting question

Paranoia

I have setup an area that is just sets of diamond chests, stacked three high, and 15 blocks long. I have connected a teleport pipe, and I have redstone pipe going to each chest. I would like to set something up so that items that come in are evenly distributed among the chests. Right now it seems to just dump everything in the first chest only.

Do I need to worry about items overflowing out of the chest and onto the floor when the first chest fills up?

It is setup like this (+ is redstone pipe,T is teleport pipe, 0 is a chest, top down view):

+++++++++++++++++

000000000000000 +T

000000000000000 +

+++++++++++++++++

What you want to do is use a combination of Buildcraft and RedPower. Replace the redstone pipe with pneumatic tubing. Then attach a Sorting Machine to the pneumatic tubing. Then attach one piece of pneumatic tubing to the sorter. Then attach a Relay to that piece of tubing. Then attach a Buildcraft transport pipe (stone or cobblestone) to the Relay. Finally, attach the teleport pipe to the transport pipe.

Now you have to set up the sorter. When you open it, it has several columns that have squares at the bottom. Clicking these squares changes their color. This let's you sort. There is also an icon in the bottom left. This changes the mode the machine operates in. Click it till a box appears under it that looks like the ones under the columns. Now to sort, put the item you want to sort in one of the columns. Then assign that column a color. Now make some paint and paint the tube where it touches a chest with that color. Those items will now go to that chest. If you color more than one chest input the same color it will fill the first chest, then move to the second. If it fills up, it will not spill items on the ground, it will just jam the sorting machine. To fix it, just make room in a chest.

You will need to supply the sorting machine with bluelectric power. 2 redpower solar panels, a redpower battery box, and some blue alloy wire are all that is needed to do so.

Set Up (0 is chest, = is pneumatic tubing, S is sorting machine, R is relay, - is transport pipe, and T is teleport pipe, top down view):

========

========

0000000=S=R-T

0000000=

========

========