Would a mod to change water source block behavior be possible without conflicts?

jakj

I know about Finite Water, so I know water can "kind of" be changed, though that one does it by replacing water blocks with its own so...maybe not.

I'd like to know if it's possible to change water from the current behavior

-- create source block if solid block underneath and two source blocks flowing in from any sides

to this new behavior

-- create source block if solid block or source block underneath and two source blocks flowing in from any sides

just out of curiosity.

I don't know a whole lot about this sort of stuff, but I'd say back up your .jar and saves and so on, then try it and see. I'd also think this could also be rather easily done by making the game run an "else if" check after looking for blocks designated "solid" that makes it check for the specific water block ID. How that would be done with the properties of Java and the game's own setup and so on, I honestly wouldn't know, though.

It would work prolly. The problem is that most mods looks for vanilla water, not finite liquid's water. That could get annoying, if you cant make the vanilla water somehow, you would have to cheat for it, or use ic2 (i think uu matter has a recipe for water sources).

Give it a try.