the walls on tekkit server

Spencer14

Hey,

I have a 512mb ram server for tekkit. Me and my fiends want to pvp on maps like the walls and other pvp maps like that. do i have to switch the server back to normal minecraft to do this or can i just swap the worlds? Thanks

Edit: would it be possible to have the walls and other pvp maps in my tekkit world so i dont have to switch worlds every time we PvP? Thanks

I've run vanilla adventure maps on Tekkit servers all the time. Just make sure they're made for the right version of MC (I have one map made for MC 1.3 that has trees covered in DM pedestals for some reason). But for normal MC 1.2.5 maps, it should be fine as long as you know that mod item crafting will be possible and you're fine with that.

I've run vanilla adventure maps on Tekkit servers all the time. Just make sure they're made for the right version of MC (I have one map made for MC 1.3 that has trees covered in DM pedestals for some reason). But for normal MC 1.2.5 maps, it should be fine as long as you know that mod item crafting will be possible and you're fine with that.

Mod item crafting? do you mean tekkit stuff? also stuff like trip wires, would they work? Thanks

Mod item crafting? do you mean tekkit stuff? also stuff like trip wires, would they work? Thanks

Yes, those vanilla maps are usually balanced around only being able to craft vanilla items. Although I haven't played it, if it's possible to craft some tekkit items, they may offer an unfair advantage depending on the resources to which one has access.

If I'm not mistaken, trip wires were only added in MC 1.3 (could be wrong). If so, then you wouldn't be able to craft them and they'll probably turn into something funky if you tried running that map on a 1.2.5 bukkit server with Tekkit on it.

In short, consider the map and the players. My girlfriend and I play maps like that on our Tekkit client all the time except we restrain ourselves to not craft items we shouldn't have for a vanilla adventure map. So, decide accordingly. If your server isn't dedicated, I don't see why you just wouldn't turn on a vanilla server for some of these maps but if you trust your members and just want to boot in through Tekkit, it should work.

all my members are my

Yes, those vanilla maps are usually balanced around only being able to craft vanilla items. Although I haven't played it, if it's possible to craft some tekkit items, they may offer an unfair advantage depending on the resources to which one has access.

If I'm not mistaken, trip wires were only added in MC 1.3 (could be wrong). If so, then you wouldn't be able to craft them and they'll probably turn into something funky if you tried running that map on a 1.2.5 bukkit server with Tekkit on it.

In short, consider the map and the players. My girlfriend and I play maps like that on our Tekkit client all the time except we restrain ourselves to not craft items we shouldn't have for a vanilla adventure map. So, decide accordingly. If your server isn't dedicated, I don't see why you just wouldn't turn on a vanilla server for some of these maps but if you trust your members and just want to boot in through Tekkit, it should work.

Thanks! All my members are my friends so i can trust them. so i just download the map(like the walls) and switch it out with my world file restart the server maybe take out the trip wires and wala its ready to play?

i am using a server hosting company to host my server

You can't take the trip wires out if you're launching it on a 1.2.5 server. Whatever id is assigned to tripwires in 1.2.5 will replace trip wires...if no id is assigned, they'll turn to air.

If the map is made around trip wires, I'd probably just host a regular 1.3 server (or a bukkit variant of a 1.3 server).

You can't take the trip wires out if you're launching it on a 1.2.5 server. Whatever id is assigned to tripwires in 1.2.5 will replace trip wires...if no id is assigned, they'll turn to air.

If the map is made around trip wires, I'd probably just host a regular 1.3 server (or a bukkit variant of a 1.3 server).

oh ok thanks so much!