How to fix Internal exception: java.lang.NullPointerException?

I was checking out stuff with the coreprotect command /co inspect and I noticed an item with the id:166. I was curious and typed in /give (myname) 166 1. Immediately, my client throws up the error screen which says: Internal exception: java.lang.NullPointerException. I tried restarting, redownloading the launcher and its files, restaring my computer, restarting the server (I'm the owner). I still cannot rejoin my server. Everybody else can, but I, the owner, can't. Everytime I try to join my server it says Internal exception: java.lang.NullPointerException. Please help. I only have one other staff member available, and I can't work on all the crucial stuff going on in my server. I need a fix ASAP.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok. I just deleted every data file for my player, including the ones in all my plugins. It works now.

It was likely cause by the fact that the item did not exist. Until you deleted your inventory containing the offending "item", you were getting the same error. (See this site for an explaination of the error:http://stackoverflow.com/questions/218384/what-is-a-null-pointer-exception) So when you deleted your files it got rid of the "item and you were able to get back on the server.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem, but it happened when I was opening a chest full of quarried stuff. I am not owner of this server. Does that require a different solution?

only if the other solution didn't work... Did it work? If no, post a bug report (in the right section) and we can try and help you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have the same problem, I broke a DM furnace and I got disconnected right away, I believe its in my inventory so I cant get on how am I supposed to fix this

IF YOU HAVE A HOST:

1. Stop your server.

2. Go into your main world folder>Players>Delete your player.dat for yourself, or player having trouble. (If you don't own the server, tell the owner to do this)

3. Delete the mods folder. (Again, if you don't own the server have the owner do this)

4. Make sure your server is Tekkit 3.1.2 (Most people play this version)

5. Start your server.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE A HOST:

1. Stop your server.

2. Go into your main world folder>Players>Delete your player.dat for yourself, or player having trouble. (If you don't own the server, tell the owner to do this)

3. Delete the mods folder. (Again, if you don't own the server have the owner do this)

4. Re-download tekkit server, and replace mods folder.

5. Make sure your server is Tekkit 3.1.2 (Most people play this version)

6. Start your server.