Server won't work for friends. I have port forwarded and updated java.

1337win

I've given my friends my external ip and when they attempt a login I don't see even see login attempts in the server window. I've hosted a bukkit server and regular minecraft server before and can not for the life of me fathom why this crap won't work for me and it seems only me. I've scoured the internet for anything relating to the problem I have and the few posts I find on it just get ignored. I've followed steps to videos and even tried using hamachi (never again I hate that shit). So I would be eternally grateful for any help, thanks.

If you can't connect with the external even on your computer then it can only mean a few things.

1. Firewall is blocking incoming connections

2. Port is not opened or improperly configured.

3. Wrong external ip #

Other then having the server in front of me I don't know what else to tell you. All you can do is start over or retrace your steps as theres not much to it.

Well thanks for the help than.

Some more info. I've never been able to connect to any of my previous servers using my external ip, even though all my friends could still connect. I'm positive my firewall isn't blocking anything since its completely off and I'm positive my port is opened considering I've ran bukkit and regular minecraft servers for the past 2 years for my friends and the ip must be correct seeing that it is the same ip my friends used for my past servers.

Well If your friends can connect to your previous servers via external ip but you can't then there is something that to me doesn't make sense.

All I can tell you is what I did and is working for me and my friends and I can connect local or with external as well.

1. Named port and used the minecraft port # with both udp/tcp enabled. Used server internal ip and not the routers.

2. Used external ip from whats my ip.

3. In the server properties file I used the server internal ip for the address and deleted the port #.

4. When first installing Java make sure to allow internet access.

Like I said there is not a whole lot as you know to set this up. I would be worried about no firewall or protection though as thats never a solution to allow a programs access.

The only thing left that I can think of is that there is a port conflict from previous servers and would reset my modem and router to make sure that is not the case.

Goodluck to you