Quarry not working

DevilSauron

Question

7 answers to this question

Okay, that's a lot more information and I can guess what the issue is.

If you're using PEX along with it's Modifyworld feature, you need to do some things with the fake user BuildCraft employs to make the quarry work. You can either /op [buildCraft] (a lot of people do this, however, note that BuildCraft can now modify regions while ignoring WorldGuard...) or you could add the appropriate permissions for BuildCraft (you'll find you have to do this for RedPower, ComputerCraft, RailCraft, and IC2 as well....)(I'm going to assume you're running the PEX commands from the console or chat, errata for permissions.yml will be at the end).

1. Go to buildcraft\config\buildcraft.cfg. Change "blocks.fakeplayerlogin" from false to true. If you want BuildCraft to show up in the log, make sure "blocks.placedby" is fakeplayer. Save.
  2. For ease of adding other fake users, create a new group called "fakeusers" with modifyworld.*

/pex group fakeusers create

/pex group fakeusers add modifyworld.*

3. Add BuildCraft's fake user to fakeusers
/pex user [buildcraft] group set fakeusers

Restart your server (so BuildCraft and PEX can reload...) Quarries should now work. If you get PEX errors, check permissions.yml to make sure the listing for BuildCraft is '[buildcraft]' (the '' is important). Please also note that there appears to be some quirkyness with the latest release of PEX and you may need to rollback to 1.19.1. permissions.yml examples (specific for BuildCraft fake user, but can apply to the other mods as well)

(code tags don't preserve spacing, I believe, so make sure you obey YAML indent rules...)

Once you get this down, you can easily add the other fake users as well as restrict them from breaking certain blocks (useful if you have things you don't want players picking up).

fakeuser:

permissions:

- modifyworld.*

'[buildCraft]':

group:

- fakeuser

Done, but when I run tke quarry it says: Welcome [buildCraft] to the server but quarry is not working. I have authme(i forgot this) but console says some errors with buildcraft:

at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:467)

at buildcraft.core.FakePlayer.get(FakePlayer.java:54)

at buildcraft.factory.TileQuarry.doWork(TileQuarry.java:210)

at buildcraft.api.PowerProvider.update(PowerProvider.java:50)

at buildcraft.core.TileBuildCraft.q_(TileBuildCraft.java:54)

at buildcraft.factory.TileQuarry.q_(TileQuarry.java:136)

at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:1190)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:569)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:467)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at uk.org.whoami.authme.listener.AuthMePlayerListener.onPlayerJoin(AuthMePlayerListener.java:372)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)

at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:302)

... 12 more

I found on bukkit dev how to make buildcraft compatibile with BC,IC ... :-)

I am going to try it