Technic Launcher won't launch

Jakeofwar

Question

Launcher Version: Newest

Operating System: 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium

Java Version: Java 7 (latest)

Antivirus Program: None Active

Description of Problem:

Double click .exe, and I get that annoying ass-ed screen that says "Technic Launcher" Stuck up on my screen like it's top priority, disabling me from watching videos or doing anything fun. And it sits there. It worked, ONCE, last night, and when I tried going on today, it said the Tumbler feed was down and it couldn't connect- I had internet- and I deleted the files and re-downloaded. I know how to remove the Launcher screen (End Java with Task Manager) but I don't know what to do.

Again, I have no anti-virus or anti-spyware active, I am sure of this.

I don't need help closing the window.

It worked fine last night, and opened today.

Today it said tumblr was down. Wouldn't open. Got advice to redownload.

Help?

Error Messages:

None

Error Log:

None

7 answers to this question

Wow, I can't believe how productive your answer was! It solved all of my problems, instantaneously!

I cannot believe how many people do not use the forum search function and don't bother reading the common problems and solutions thread.

Why do I say use Google? I cannot see your computer, I do not know your computer specs, I do not know if you are telling the truth concerning the information you provided. Hell, I don't even know if you have some mysterious restriction on your computer that mommy or daddy enabled to prevent you from downloading or running downloaded things on your computer.

Edit: and before you decide to jump down my throat again, maybe try telling us why you have 2 different incomplete bug reports posted about 6 hours apart(with this being the first one). Did you find a solution that fixed this problem and caused the second? Or are you just trying to have a mod see your problems and help you individually?

I cannot believe how many people do not use the forum search function and don't bother reading the common problems and solutions thread.

Why do I say use Google? I cannot see your computer, I do not know your computer specs, I do not know if you are telling the truth concerning the information you provided. Hell, I don't even know if you have some mysterious restriction on your computer that mommy or daddy enabled to prevent you from downloading or running downloaded things on your computer.

Edit: and before you decide to jump down my throat again, maybe try telling us why you have 2 different incomplete bug reports posted about 6 hours apart(with this being the first one). Did you find a solution that fixed this problem and caused the second? Or are you just trying to have a mod see your problems and help you individually?

You DO know the specs on my computer, being it required. Why do I use insulting sarcasm? Because, I don't know what to Google, in essence, why I asked? I can go on every single question concerning the Technic Launcher and Minecraft or even nearly every question thinkable on the internet (and therefor in real life) and say; "Google it." They even made a website for that, AKA "Let me Google that for you"

Sheesh. I'm not even going to touch on the "Mommy and daddy" thing.

It appears you are behind a mysterious firewall.

Check that anything and everything to do with Java, Technic, Spout, whatever,

is not disallowed access to the interwebs.

It would help a lot if you told me how to do that :D

Here, I will tell you EXACTLY what to google: "How to tell if my internet is blocking [insert desired blocked items here]"

I don't know what your computer specs are. You have Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit. You have Java 7. I cannot see your computer to tell if you are telling me the truth, I don't know if you updated from the last "latest" version of Java 7, or the Launcher.

Just because you don't have an anti-virus active doesn't mean your firewall isn't preventing access to something.

I would bet that you did not read this sticky. I can also bet that you didn't use the search function of the forums to try other options to fix your problem. Want to be a sarcastic asshole? Bring it.

Next time read the rules before posting two bug reports in one day.