Trouble powering a Industrial Information Panel

dooburt

Hey there,

First time poster. I had a look round for an answer to this conundrum I had and *think* I have the answer now, but I wanted to post to be sure.

I have setup a LV solar array (flower setup), wired with glass fibre to some BatBox's. All is well, powered up and happy with that. I want to power some Industrial Information Panels, but can't work out how. I know the IIPs are connected by Red Alloy Wire, but I don't know how to bridge the connection from glass fibre wiring to red alloy. I don't think I can?

Can anyone point out where I'm going wrong or if this is possible please?

Help appreciated :)

Industrial information panels don't need actual EU, only a continuous redstone signal. And to do that, just flick a lever aside the redstone wiring. You might want to know that redstone wire haven't got anything to do with EU. The first is a ON/OFF signal, the other is actual energy.

A-ha! Of course! Thanks. I feel like such a plank. I knew there was something fundamental about what I was doing!

I do have one more question about the Industrial Information Panels. The wiki says they must be within 8 blocks of the location and this range can be extended by 8 blocks with a Range Extender. I assume the Range Extender goes into the second slot on the Industrial Information Panel? And, if I put 10 Range Extender's into that slot for instance, is that 80 blocks extension?

A-ha! Of course! Thanks. I feel like such a plank. I knew there was something fundamental about what I was doing!

I do have one more question about the Industrial Information Panels. The wiki says they must be within 8 blocks of the location and this range can be extended by 8 blocks with a Range Extender. I assume the Range Extender goes into the second slot on the Industrial Information Panel? And, if I put 10 Range Extender's into that slot for instance, is that 80 blocks extension?

. If I remember well from the direwolf20 video about them, they extend thé range à bit more than that. Not sûre, youll want to check it out.

. If I remember well from the direwolf20 video about them, they extend thé range à bit more than that. Not sûre, youll want to check it out.

I did some research into it and found the range extender doubles the max range. So if the base range is 8, then one extender will put it to 16, two will go 32, etc. I unfortunately do not have any info on the basic range, so you'll have to experiment. It shouldn't need more than 5 or 6 though.